Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Recent Activity

Recent activity on our dedicated Pentax photography forums.

davidxgreen

Memory card prob.

Previous entry is spam, in case anyone wasn't sure

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Digitalrev from e-bay taking orders for K200

I am hopeful of more news later this week regarding price - will let you know as soon as I know.... Chris

javam

*istD, grip and various lenses for sale

I will be putting these up on ebay, but I thought I would list them here first in case any one is interested. All are in good working order, they are as follows: Pentax *istD - with box and i ...

Gwyn

Which kit lens should I keep?

Interesting that you got the 18-35 with your Ds - I got the 18-55 with mine.

George Lazarette

Image Browsers

It might be worth noting that for browsing images (i.e. just look what's there or find a certain pic) SilkyPix is not the best application. For this purpose I use Google's Picasa which is pretty q ...

Daniel Bridge

Current Lens Range

I sometimes look at the websites of kakaku.com...My japanese isn't too good :? , but on this page - http://kakaku.com/camera/ - halfway down, there's a K10D, with a gold crown and a '1st' next to ...

Bluewhistle

How do you post a pic??

Thanks for that! I will post some piccies soon!! I love pentax... and I have a sigma 18-50 f2.8 being delivered this morning!! Joy

johnriley

Engineers menu on K100d Super

Thanks, Mike! 8)

Polaski

will I be better off with a pentax

I've used Pentax SLRs since 1970, and never regretted it. In fact, I'm just a wee bit smug when I fit a 1960's lens onto my Pentax K10D DSLR.

beakynet

GX20 Grip with WiFi?

WiFi implemetations in devices other then computers and PDA's has been quite bad.I wouldn't say it was bad. The standard is very spacific and for a device to be certified WiFi it must comply. Ho ...

Mac

SMC K Mount 55mm 1:1.7 Manual vs Auto Prime

I knew I'd get the focal length wrong, but more importantly, I KNEW John Riley would answer. And I'm so glad he did! Many thank's John! Now, I'm giving up playing at photography and going ...

vic cross

K20 D

I see the price of the K20D in the March edition of Digital Photo with 18-55 lens is £999.00. Lets hope it comes down soon or it will take to long to save my pennies from my pension which my wife t ...

Peter Elgar

Copy Stand

I have a good copy stand made out of an enlarger column and baseboard ( a 'Gnome' enlarger I think) and I bought a copy arm from Gamer Engineering who made my Gamer Universal enlarger for £4-7-6d i ...

McBrian

Lightroom & PS with one shot

Hi All Apologies for the delay in replying, was PC'less from Tuesday till today, got sent to Stratford....visited some nice resturaunts and nearly lost a leg to the marauding swans who appeared ...

Clarky

DA's for sale 16-45 & 18-55

Clarky, it doesn't bother me either -it's a bit like a ping-pong match that's all. :lol: BTW you should still get an e-mail notification even if pop-ups are blocked. PS I hope after all this ...

Mannesty

Id appreciate your tips please, first attempts with my SLR :

Thanks for the comments and help :) How would i get the dogs eyes right in future? what program do you use? Also thanks i will have to try that with the aperture as soon as i get my car back ...

AdrianP

LightZone 3.4 beta for Linux

Released about a week or so ago actually. Main change from the previous beta is that problems with the application spontaneous crashing seems to have been solved. There are also encouraging noises ...

Lilly

Critiquing Photographs

I am not exactly sure where to put this, competitions or here? I have just recently signed up to photoSIG, a brilliant imformative and inspiring website. I came across this link which gives so ...

cupraman

Lens Options?

Hi, just to say, what a great service i have received!!, ordered lens and new bag at11.30am thursday, delivered 11.30am friday!!!. i dont think you can get much better than that!!, pity the ord ...

fleetwoodjazz

full frame..

From Sony: "It's going to be a full frame 24.6MP CMOS model with Super Steady Shot stabilization, and it's coming this year." http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08013109sonypma.asp I ...

Nimitz

Cornish Triptych

Indeed a very strong composition - very well made. My first comment was the middle one - the sky. Then I read AdamP's note. I felt the same. If you could add a bit of color to the sky -it w ...

Mannesty

Camera 35mm

Did you get the camera working yet? Another flash won't be much use if not.

johnriley

Hello and some pictures

Welcome to the forum! Introducing yourself with a good selection of images was a great idea.

beakynet

Teleconverters

We are all talking about converted that go between the lens and camera body, what about converters that go on the front of the lens, such as this one: http://www.goshotcamera.com/product/LTP0016 ...

Gwyn

Wanted: 6x7 / 67 Stuff.

Zaphod there are a couple of ads on the Dutch Marktplaats site: www.marktplaats.nl. Click on fotografie in the left hand column then type Pentax where it says wat zoekt u. They are all from the ...

Daniel Bridge

New 55, 60-250, and 17-70 Announced

That SDM converter - is not announced as a teleconverter with a crop factor. Any ideas why? I actually thought until I read this thread that the converter was to give SDM to common AF lenses. I ...

Daniel Bridge

Macro Lens

I use the same lens and it is one of my favorite lenses for macro work.It is my favourite lens for macro work. :D Dan

Utopia Poppy

Durst F30 B&W 35mm Enlarger on Ebay

Yes, I know exactly what you mean!

George Lazarette

web gallery advice

justgetoutandride I reckon that is a good point. What's on the internet is free right? - seems to be a widely held opinion.I think that the academic community, who really started the whole thing ...

myrdinn

better quality by hoya?

I guess you're right: it's just a sales pep talk. Alas, it would have been nice if it were true...