Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K20 D

Pwynnej
Posted 28/01/2008 - 11:22 Link
I am also tempted by DA*300.

Ik woon in Den Haag, en werk in Leiderdorp

Know any dodgy traders at ABN AMRO or Rabobank? They may be able to spare a few thousand euros from their multi-billion haul? I guess ING won't suffer after Nick Leeson's activities

Glassware for me this year
Malo1961
Posted 28/01/2008 - 15:55 Link
golfdiesel wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Word from a supplier here is that the K20D will be available from April, the K200D a month earlier. Price for the K20D not yet announced, but he expects around the same as the K10D was at launch (+/- €1000).
Get saving ....

Oh and I also hear that the new DA300mm* lens will have a minimum focussing distance of just 1.4m. Now THAT sounds interesting

Now where was that bank I could rob?

Maybe we can get a discount if we round up enough people in the Netherlands who want to buy one... I'm in...

Oh yeah Mr.Golfdiesel,
No problem her with us at Pentax Netherlands. Five members here in holland you say. Well....., if you order 10.000 pieces each, we will be able to give you an extra battery for free

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Gwyn
Posted 28/01/2008 - 16:38 Link
Pwynnej wrote:
I am also tempted by DA*300.

Ik woon in Den Haag, en werk in Leiderdorp

Know any dodgy traders at ABN AMRO or Rabobank? They may be able to spare a few thousand euros from their multi-billion haul? I guess ING won't suffer after Nick Leeson's activities

Glassware for me this year

Just heard the price of this lens - €1200 Make that two banks I need to rob.
All my contacts on the ABN trading floor, and those I knew in the IT dept, got the sack a couple of years back when they were surplus to requirements. (Hubby had a long contract ther a few years back helping design part of the trading floor software.)
vic cross
Posted 28/01/2008 - 17:45 Link
First to Golfdiesel. Thanks for putting McBrian straight on the EI-2000 being a genuine DSLR. Olympus followed on a year after Pentax and made a compact DSLR but all the reports still rated the Pentax the better camera.
To McBrian. I never said I wanted everything for nothing (there's no such thing as a free lunch). All I was implying was that like all manufacturers they have more technology than they are willing to use all at once. They always hold something back for the next model no matter what the product may be.
As to having any idea about costs in manufacturing after 39yrs.of selling machine tools and teaching people to use them in every industry imaginable all over the world including north of Hadrians Wall I think I have a rough idea how it all works.
On a lighter note as per Pwynnej I also have the *istD and the K10D and love them both. One thing I would have liked to have seen in the spec. for both the K10 and the K20 would have been two card slots SD and CF.
Sorry to everyone for going on but when people say (IF YOU KNEW) when they don't know who they are talking to they should be more carefull what they say.
Once again sorry for the rant. Bye for now. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
xbow
Posted 28/01/2008 - 18:14 Link
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Gwyn
Posted 28/01/2008 - 18:45 Link
or €879
Sounds Ok to me if it come in at that price here too - the cheapest I can get a new K10D is around €620.

Mmm, I'm off to the US of A in May
golfdiesel
Posted 28/01/2008 - 19:57 Link
the metering issues with manual lenses is still there if I read the Pentax NL description right...

The write that with some lens constructions the metering is off, but it can be easily corrected by using the preview option... I would have thought that they would fix this issue but for some reason it is very difficult.
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T
McBrian
Posted 03/02/2008 - 09:56 Link

Thanks to all for putting me right, I had an EL-2000 for a very short time and I would have sworn blind that it had a EVF....me bad...sorry

Vic, I wasn't having a pop at anybody directly on here, I was only trying to get across the point a small change in design can lead to to huge rises in manufacturing costs.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
vic cross
Posted 03/02/2008 - 19:21 Link
I see the price of the K20D in the March edition of Digital Photo with 18-55 lens is £999.00. Lets hope it comes down soon or it will take to long to save my pennies from my pension which my wife thinks is for living on.
McBrian. Don't worry about it. I had my little rant and that is all past and gone Gods in his heaven and alls well with world.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.