Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

New 55, 60-250, and 17-70 Announced

Nimitz
Posted 31/01/2008 - 12:11 Link
That SDM converter - is not announced as a teleconverter with a crop factor. Any ideas why?

I actually thought until I read this thread that the converter was to give SDM to common AF lenses. I might be completely wrong on this.....
Flink
Posted 31/01/2008 - 15:21 Link
The DA* 30mm SDM will have a lot to live up to... it's set to replace the mythical 31mm Limited.

I expect it to be much smaller and lighter and also much cheaper. It will probably be almost as fast (F/2 at least). Since there is no way on earth they can improve the performance, I hope they can at least stay close.

It might just be the best lens Pentax has ever made (or will the 55mm F/1.4 steal that crown?).
--
Flink
George Lazarette
Posted 31/01/2008 - 18:59 Link
Flink wrote:
The DA* 30mm SDM will have a lot to live up to... it's set to replace the mythical 31mm Limited.

I expect it to be much smaller and lighter and also much cheaper. It will probably be almost as fast (F/2 at least). Since there is no way on earth they can improve the performance, I hope they can at least stay close.

It might just be the best lens Pentax has ever made (or will the 55mm F/1.4 steal that crown?).
--
Flink

It might indeed. Only the 200 macros and the 77 and 85 1.4 are in the same league.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 01/02/2008 - 12:24 Link
Nimitz wrote:
That SDM converter - is not announced as a teleconverter with a crop factor. Any ideas why?

I actually thought until I read this thread that the converter was to give SDM to common AF lenses. I might be completely wrong on this.....

I would assume that this (these?) will be normal teleconverters with 1.4x and/or 2x multipliers, with the necessary power contacts to supply the SDM motors in the lenses.

I suppose they could produce the equivalent of the 1.7x AF convertor, if future bodies don't have an in-body AF motor? But the first option is the one I would go for.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.