Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

better quality by hoya?

myrdinn
Posted 31/01/2008 - 10:06 Link
I just bought the Pentax 50 mm lens. In the shop they told me that since Hoya has taken over Pentax completely, the prices went down and the quality even became better. Is there anyone who can confirm this?
Posted 31/01/2008 - 11:15 Link
It does seem that the prices are being lowered a little bit. Quality-wise, we need to ask Hoya
Actually I think only the new DA lenses got better QA, the older FA lenses look the same to me.
johnriley
Posted 31/01/2008 - 16:17 Link
I think it was just a throwaway comment with no real basis at all. Someone buying a company doesn't suddenly improve the quality of existing products...

The newer lenses have been in planning for a long time, long before Hoya got involved, and have been jointly developed with partners such as Tokina.

I would expect that if anything products would be brought to market more quickly though, because of improved funding.
Best regards, John
George Lazarette
Posted 31/01/2008 - 18:57 Link
johnriley wrote:

I would expect that if anything products would be brought to market more quickly though, because of improved funding.

And improved marketing know-how.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
myrdinn
Posted 31/01/2008 - 23:11 Link
I guess you're right: it's just a sales pep talk. Alas, it would have been nice if it were true...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.