Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Engineers menu on K100d Super

MX veteran
Posted 02/02/2008 - 10:34 Link
Does anyone know how to access the engineers menu as I appear to be having a front focussing problem on my K100D Super?
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
mikew
Posted 04/02/2008 - 08:27 Link
I think that this link is the very risky, dangerous and downright foolhardy process you're looking for.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&thread=22023704&am...

I have never done it, I hope I never need to do it and I wouldn't want to do it. You notice the caveat that you do this at your own risk - well by golly I'll repeat that.

Mike
johnriley
Posted 04/02/2008 - 08:41 Link
This is not really where most users should be. Without the proper test equipment it ends up a guess.

If the focus on a camera is so way out that it isn't covered by the DOF available then it's IMHO a job for the experts.
Best regards, John
mikew
Posted 04/02/2008 - 08:45 Link
Won't catch me disagreeing.

Then again they said the same about my diesel pump.

Mike
johnriley
Posted 04/02/2008 - 08:50 Link
So what's the story regarding the diesel pump?

:
Best regards, John
mikew
Posted 04/02/2008 - 09:20 Link
I had a stuck needle in the pump and they said I'd need to take it off and send it away at some cost. However by careful exploration and talking to the right man I discovered it was simply rusted up and that using WD40 and moving it back and forth would free it up.

That all went very well but when the throttle spindle which I had had to disturb started to weep diesel then it was pump off time which I managed and then (it can only get worse) I discovered the timing belt was two notches or so out so that you couldn't accurately time the pump against the marks provided.

So I timed it by eye and ear and it's been fine for a year or more but I'll have to sort it sometime.

Oh and it's a Land Rover so that's why you can do all this! Giant Mecanno.

Mike
johnriley
Posted 04/02/2008 - 09:23 Link
Thanks, Mike!

Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.