Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Lens Options?

iceblinker
Posted 30/01/2008 - 15:03 Link
mikew wrote:
I'd have thought that the difference between 200 and 210 is negligible.

Agreed.
~Pete
ZRman
Posted 30/01/2008 - 15:08 Link
Just rang up camera world and it definately does not fit and they werent what i would call helpful didnt want to answer any of my questions and didnt want to know about Pentax cameras he said that the lenses are hard to come by which i find hard to believe.
mikew
Posted 30/01/2008 - 15:40 Link
Possibly he meant that Pentax fit non Pentax/Samsung lenses are less common than Canon/Nikon fit.

Mike
iceblinker
Posted 30/01/2008 - 16:59 Link
ZRman wrote:
Just rang up camera world and it definately does not fit and they werent what i would call helpful didnt want to answer any of my questions and didnt want to know about Pentax cameras he said that the lenses are hard to come by which i find hard to believe.

If he finds lenses hard to get, that's HIS problem. The only problem YOU will have is choosing between the many options easily available elsewhere.

Hopefully the suggestions made on this forum will help narrow it down for you.
~Pete
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 30/01/2008 - 19:53 Link
Hi all,

The Tamron 55-200 isn't made in Pentax fit (the mad fools!)

I'm not trying to flog you something(!) but I can do the 70-300/4-5.6 DI II for £69.99 including delivery as you are a forum member (and to anyone else of course)

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
cupraman
Posted 30/01/2008 - 20:22 Link
hi can you give me a link to the lens in question, so i can see what the spec is,
thank you.
Malo1961
Posted 30/01/2008 - 20:25 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Hi all,

The Tamron 55-200 isn't made in Pentax fit (the mad fools!)

I'm not trying to flog you something(!) but I can do the 70-300/4-5.6 DI II for £69.99 including delivery as you are a forum member (and to anyone else of course)

Chris

Does this generous offer also counts for members living in The Netherlands Chris :
Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
iceblinker
Posted 30/01/2008 - 20:50 Link
cupraman wrote:
hi can you give me a link to the lens in question, so i can see what the spec is,
thank you.

I think Chris means the Di rather than Di II ......

www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/70300_di_a017.asp

review: http://tinyurl.com/2dpcym

It's a no-brainer at that price! You will not regret buying it even if you later get a better lens - perhaps to cover a narrower range with higher speed or quality.
~Pete
cupraman
Posted 30/01/2008 - 20:56 Link
iceblinker wrote:
cupraman wrote:
thank you.

www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/70300_di_a017.asp

review: http://tinyurl.com/2dpcym

It's a no-brainer at that price! You will not regret buying it even if you later get a better lens - perhaps to cover a narrower range with higher speed or quality.

thanks for your help, i appreciate it.
looks like i will be ringing chris tomorrow!!.
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 30/01/2008 - 21:05 Link
Quote:

Whoops!

There are far too many letters involved with lenses these days - you are correct!!

Quote:
Does this generous offer also counts for members living in The Netherlands Chris
Martin.

£75 including delivery to the lovely Netherlands..

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Pwynnej
Posted 30/01/2008 - 22:25 Link
Donut wrote:
I've got a spare Tokina 70-210 AF if you're interested - looking for about £40. Nice lens but heavy by todays standards.
Donut

Is this the all-glass f4.5 version???

I had one but sold it for the Sigma 70-300...it was a nice lens..
Donut
Posted 30/01/2008 - 23:07 Link
I have the very same lens and paid £89 so Chris's offer should be snapped up. It is a really nice budget telezoom with a useful 1:2 macro. I really like mine. The only reason it doesn't stay fixed to my K100D is that I need a wider angle so use my kit 18-55.
Donut
cupraman
Posted 31/01/2008 - 11:55 Link
well i have spoke to chris, and ordered it,(what a nice helpful fella).
it was all painless except when i had to pay for it!!, but chris has done it at a good price for me.
anyway i will hopefully receive it tomorrow, and will post some of my photo's for you to all pull apart!!.

once again, thanks go to everyone who have posted on here, its been very usefull to a novice.
ZRman
Posted 01/02/2008 - 15:17 Link
cupraman wrote:
well i have spoke to chris, and ordered it,(what a nice helpful fella).
it was all painless except when i had to pay for it!!, but chris has done it at a good price for me.
anyway i will hopefully receive it tomorrow, and will post some of my photo's for you to all pull apart!!.

once again, thanks go to everyone who have posted on here, its been very usefull to a novice.

Same goes for me
cupraman
Posted 01/02/2008 - 21:50 Link
hi, just to say, what a great service i have received!!,
ordered lens and new bag at11.30am thursday, delivered 11.30am
friday!!!.
i dont think you can get much better than that!!, pity the order was wrong!!, no i am only jokeing!!, it was all exactly as i expected.

so thanks again chris.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.