Oggy

Joined: 26th December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Oggy
Having Got fed up with the whole thing, I wrote to them on 21 Jan suggesting that I brought the whole shooting match back to them for a refund. This would have left me time to buy another K20 elsewhere and just about get the cashback. I have still not had a reply.

The best interpretation I can put on this is that their customer service is awful, and the worst is that they are doing it deliberately to reduce my consumer rights and let the cashback offer expire.

Comment by Oggy posted on Does anyone know where I stand? at 04/02/2009 - 21:24

Oggy
Done.

Many thanks Scott

Comment by Oggy posted on Cashback form help please. at 02/02/2009 - 23:03

Oggy
polchraine wrote:
Went out for a walk today and took my camera - but not much worth using it on.

Taking one picture when someone from a few houses away - too much money! He made a comment along the lines of "You must be taking a risk with your camera in this weather - Oh, it's a Pentax, so fairly cheap to replace when it gets wet. I would never take my Nikon out in this weather"

If you saw his face when I told him that it was fully waterproof and snow was certainly not a problem!
Er - so he's proud of a limitation of his equipment compared to yours

Next they'll be making programs about people who are proud to be bad drivers (and the associated increased risk of maiming innocent bystanders)...

D'Oh!

Comment by Oggy posted on Snow at 02/02/2009 - 22:39

Oggy
Is there a kind soul who has downloaded the cashback form and could email it to me?

I was sure I had saved it somewhere, but I cannot find it and it has gone from the Pentax site.

Thanks in advance

Oggy

Comment by Oggy posted on Cashback form help please. at 02/02/2009 - 21:54

Oggy
[quote:3496ace15f="GlynM]I would not want to do that. I might want to sell on the Langford book one day [/quote]Oh alright

[quote:3496ace15f="GlynM]...all those nasty smelling chemicals.

Glyn[/quote]Yup, that's what I remember as well. Gawd bless York Laboritories

Comment by Oggy posted on Recommend Books at 02/02/2009 - 21:48

Oggy
I too am finding Langford good. I like their format of a chapter of theory then a page of summaries then an exercise for you to try.

Shame you have to rip half the book (film cameras, developing etc) out and bin it.

Comment by Oggy posted on Recommend Books at 02/02/2009 - 21:11

Oggy
I was 17 when I passed my bike test and 31 when I was blackmailed by my employer into passing my car test. I spent two winters riding 12 miles each way to work on a old Ducati 900ss on compacted snow.

Whats the problem

Love the photo and the idea behind it though.

Comment by Oggy posted on Damn. at 02/02/2009 - 21:01

Oggy
I gave mine a soak test at 6degC yesterday, gave up when the snow started.

No problems.

Comment by Oggy posted on da* 50-135 sticky focusing at 02/02/2009 - 17:22

Oggy
Thanks for that Woodworm. I had stopped most of the little blighters simply by blocking a few words (pagead, doubleclick etc) in my router, but occasionally they got through.

Comment by Oggy posted on dodgy ads at 01/02/2009 - 12:21

Oggy

Comment by Oggy posted on da* 50-135 sticky focusing at 30/01/2009 - 22:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo