mph555l

Joined: 9th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

mph555l
Time to give my two penn'orth, but beauty is only skin deep.

I can agree the SFXn is perhaps no beauty queen, but then again I feel I must stand up for the old girl in her hour of need. (Yet again !).

I have had one since new and she has never let me down. Robust, simple and very easy to use. Pick one up from eBay for the price of a couple
of beers and give it a go.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Ugliest Pentax at 31/03/2009 - 14:36

mph555l
I have just been given an ME Super that is in excellent cosmetic condition, but needs some attention. The mode selector dial sometimes gets stuck.

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the UK where I can get it serviced ?

Many thanks,

/Ian.

Comment by mph555l posted on ME Super - anyone recommend a good place to get it serviced ? at 27/03/2009 - 13:19

mph555l
The photos of the newly announced Pentax X70 and Nikon P90 do look very similar and their specifications are too. Are these two cameras the result of a joint development ? If so perhaps their might be other exciting joint Pentax - Nikon projects on the horizon ? There have long been murmurings of Nikon wanting to break into the medium format market. With Pentax's long tradition of fine medium format camera's perhaps there could be scope for a little cooperation here. A Nikon badged medium format camera, with Pentax based optics ?

All pure speculation on my part after a few beers. (Perhaps too many ?) Anyone else care to speculate ?

Comment by mph555l posted on Joint development ? at 04/03/2009 - 07:47

mph555l
Just to like to say I purchased the DA 55-300mm and think it's a great lens. For me it complements the DA 16-45mm perfectly.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on advice on longer lens, please at 15/11/2008 - 23:03

mph555l
Well the title says it all really. What do people think, is there a chance we might see a return of a non crippled mount in the future ? Personally, I'd like to have the option of using the aperture ring on my older lenses again.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Will we see a body with a non crippled mount again ? at 14/11/2008 - 11:56

mph555l
If it was not for the fact I already own the A version of this lens I would not hesitate to buy this beauty. A truly remarkable piece of glass and at 300 notes a great price.

Good luck Reuben0. It's worth every penny.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on M*300 For Sale at 27/10/2008 - 08:44

mph555l
Hi Kris,

That is the story of my life. When I have time to practice my hobby, the weather gods make sure its dull and wet out.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Mornings at 09/10/2008 - 11:04

mph555l
Been thinking about buying a fisheye lens attachment to try out some creative photography on a budget. Anyone out there have any experience of using one, and have any recommendations ? Are there any manufactures I should avoid ?

Plan to use it on the K10D with 16-45mm.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Which fisheye lens attachment ? at 08/10/2008 - 11:48

mph555l
I have a Zorki 4 and Fed 3, but have not used either for years. They were the first "proper" cameras I owned.

Comment by mph555l posted on The Old Curiosity Photography Shop at 07/10/2008 - 08:34

mph555l
I love this landscape. What lens are you using ?

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on A bit of North Wales heritage at 03/10/2008 - 09:11

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo