Ugliest Pentax
Posted 31/03/2009 - 10:03
Link
Is there such a thing as an ugly Pentax :
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 31/03/2009 - 10:11
Link
I'll go along with the SF series too, but I don't think it has much competition tbh...
Joining the Q
Posted 31/03/2009 - 10:18
Link
terje-l wrote:
Is there such a thing as an ugly Pentax :
There are always genetic aberrations... You're right hefty1, its hard to find others, the following bodies, although keeping the the distorted prism casing which I don't like starts to look much better.
Is there such a thing as an ugly Pentax :
Posted 31/03/2009 - 10:56
Link
I know what you mean about the SF bodies, bit it started with the A series.
In fact the A3 comes some way to being ugly!
The Program and Super models just seem....
...bits bolted on?
Or just not thought out!
In fact the A3 comes some way to being ugly!
The Program and Super models just seem....
...bits bolted on?
Or just not thought out!
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 31/03/2009 - 13:47
Link
A3 gets my vote. Proportions are all out of kilter - bit of a rush job to get a built in autowinder model on the street I think. SF range is a bit lacking imho because of the choice of material colours - grey's never a good choise and the shape ain't that great either - but they sold well - lots of SF7s about.
'P' range is bit drab because of the use of grey elements but the shape is still classical.
My 2p's worth
Steve
'P' range is bit drab because of the use of grey elements but the shape is still classical.
My 2p's worth
Steve
In the Pack - Gripped K5 (SE),K7 & K20, Gripped MZ-S(SE)& MZ-S,DA10-17, DA12-24, DA14, DA*16-50, 50-135, 60-250 & 300mm; FA31mm/43mm/77mm Ltds; Sigma 8-16, 135-400 & 150-500
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Posted 31/03/2009 - 14:36
Link
Time to give my two penn'orth, but beauty is only skin deep.
I can agree the SFXn is perhaps no beauty queen, but then again I feel I must stand up for the old girl in her hour of need. (Yet again !).
I have had one since new and she has never let me down. Robust, simple and very easy to use. Pick one up from eBay for the price of a couple
of beers and give it a go.
/Ian
I can agree the SFXn is perhaps no beauty queen, but then again I feel I must stand up for the old girl in her hour of need. (Yet again !).
I have had one since new and she has never let me down. Robust, simple and very easy to use. Pick one up from eBay for the price of a couple
of beers and give it a go.
/Ian
K10D & Super A user.
Posted 31/03/2009 - 14:39
Link
I have an EL2000 that could not be discribed as elegant.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 31/03/2009 - 15:43
Link
The P30t, in my view... And any film compact Pentax ever made!
Ugliest camera of all time.. Konica Aiborg.
Ugliest camera of all time.. Konica Aiborg.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 31/03/2009 - 15:45
Link
The SFXn with the 24-50mm lens was one of the nicest handling cameras I ever used (even though the lens was a bit soft). I also liked the look of it and won't ever part with it.
The A3 was ugly.
shim
The A3 was ugly.
shim
Posted 31/03/2009 - 17:13
Link
mowog wrote:
The P30t, in my view... And any film compact Pentax ever made!
Ugliest camera of all time.. Konica Aiborg.
Sorry I like the P series and my P30t, although the P50 is a bit off!The P30t, in my view... And any film compact Pentax ever made!
Ugliest camera of all time.. Konica Aiborg.
Why did anybody think a camera like the Konica Aiborg was a good idea? Thank heavens Pentax didn't go that way!
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 31/03/2009 - 19:18
Link
Sorry, Dave. I'm sure It's a fine camera, but all that grey plastic pretending to be (t)itanium... Nasty!
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 31/03/2009 - 19:20
Link
the SFX is not pretty, but it's rugged and functional and you can use it to drive in nails.
For me the A3 is the ugliest Pentax ever, its proportions just look wrong.
The ME-F when paired with its matching lens is a contender, but that isn't the body's fault.
For me the A3 is the ugliest Pentax ever, its proportions just look wrong.
The ME-F when paired with its matching lens is a contender, but that isn't the body's fault.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 31/03/2009 - 19:55
Link
Mongoose wrote:
the SFX is not pretty, but it's rugged and functional and you can use it to drive in nails.
For me the A3 is the ugliest Pentax ever, its proportions just look wrong.
The ME-F when paired with its matching lens is a contender, but that isn't the body's fault.
I wish they made all lenses like that.... gives you something to hold and won't roll off the table. One of the best lenses ever made.the SFX is not pretty, but it's rugged and functional and you can use it to drive in nails.
For me the A3 is the ugliest Pentax ever, its proportions just look wrong.
The ME-F when paired with its matching lens is a contender, but that isn't the body's fault.
[IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh387/penbx/RA_Capt.jpg[/IMG]
shim
Posted 31/03/2009 - 20:56
Link
mowog wrote:
Sorry, Dave. I'm sure It's a fine camera, but all that grey plastic pretending to be (t)itanium... Nasty!
The 't' for titanium referred to the chassis inside the plastic. Sorry, Dave. I'm sure It's a fine camera, but all that grey plastic pretending to be (t)itanium... Nasty!
It was supposed to be lighter than the P30 and P30n, but in reality it weighs the same.
Still, it's not as ugly as the A3!
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


787 posts
18 years
Portugal
What about you, which is in your opinion the ugliest Pentax?