Eastridge

Joined: 8th February 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Eastridge
Hi,

Having nabbed an Amazon bargin 360 flash first test will be some shots of 8 month old nephew weekend after next.

Clearly I can't tell him to look to a certain side / point re the flash direction so will need a spread of light - from the manual I can use flash on camera + the 360 wirelessly from 'the other side'but there is a danger of double shadows yes?

Also I have a static light as used for video filming that could be used as 'infill'.

I know that to diffuse light some use photo umbrellas, I have seen people both bounce the flash off the inside of a reflective brolly or put the flash behind an opague one to diffuse it.

If anyone can point me to a good tutorial or provide any tips from own experience that would be really helpful.


Thanks,

Comment by Eastridge posted on Tips for using new 360 flash with baby ( 8 months) at 20/11/2012 - 10:36

Eastridge
Tigershoot - exactly the same happened to me as I nabbed one too.

I contacted Amazon who advised:

Not to worry re the Warranty saying to contact Pentax France, as Amazon themselves would deal with any Warranty issues.

They are looking into whether they can supply me with an English manual & will get to me in 48 hours ( so I am expecting Monday). I have already downloaded the English manual PDF to our PC and smartphones ( for when out & about) but would like to have the paper version if I can, even if just for completness should I resell at a later date.

Comment by Eastridge posted on AF-360 Pentax Flash from Amazon at bargain price at 17/11/2012 - 10:53

Eastridge
Yep Pentax 18-250. Considered selling mine a while ago but glad it didn't go, just so handy to have on 'just in case'.

Comment by Eastridge posted on what to buy in the 18-250 range? at 16/11/2012 - 10:37

Eastridge
elfer,

I tried to sell mine a while back ( last winter so didn't help with a lot of buyers seeing it as a travel lens + no box etc.)and couldn't even get an insulting offer so you are ahead of me

To be honest, with hindsight I'm glad as I've decided to keep it it's such a useful lens to have on 'walkabout' so I can just 'grab and shoot' . Wouldn't sell it now.

Think yours is well worth £250.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Pentax SMC DA 18-250mm at 11/11/2012 - 10:28

Eastridge
Yes, my k-x behaves like geordie01's k-r.

Are the batteries actually down as the camera stops working or are you taking the camera's battery indicator's word for it?

I make sure I have batteries with me ready to go in just in case from when the indicator turns red but usually have many more more shots / loads of time left before the camera actually gives up.

Comment by Eastridge posted on K-x Power Issue at 07/11/2012 - 10:24

Eastridge
For what it's worth - after having our 18-250 for a while we sold our 18-55 as it just never got used. Have never regretted that.

Comment by Eastridge posted on 18-55 kit vs 18-250 mm at 05/11/2012 - 10:10

Eastridge
BBC News may not have covered this option but in their Click programme they did cover an alternative called belon.gs. (http://belon.gs/) They give little labels you put on your stuff that finders can scan / log on to get owner details. You can set a reward for return if you wish.

Clearly, if it's stolen ( as opposed to lost) the theif can just take the sticker off but there is a chance they would choose to return for reward (anonymously of course) rather than fence it , I guess.

You don't have to give the company any detailed info about the items.

Not sure if it will take off or not, but on the 'nothing to loose' basis we have used a few of them.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Recovery of Stolen Items at 30/10/2012 - 09:51

Eastridge
I was out off for the same reasons as MostlyHarmless & too have gone for a similar solution to him.

Whilst I'm sure John's and maybe most are fine, at the time I coudn't find a model that had a reasonable number of reveiws on Amazon that didn't have a fair % of failures. I haven't looked at the two you mention as were not out at that time.

The potential money lost may not be as crital to you than me, but I would prioritise getting one from a retailer you trust to give good after sales service should a return be necessary and you don't want to get into arguements about whether you followed seal care instructions or not.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Waterproof camera at 29/08/2012 - 18:22

Eastridge
We have GGS glass screen protectors on K10D & K-x & they are fantastic & only c. £5 - were recommended by many in here at the time.

Comment by Eastridge posted on K5 - replacement battery and lcd protectors at 08/07/2012 - 09:38

Eastridge
Thanks guys.

We have tickets to the hockey which is a smaller venue but it's as much about the other buildings externally & park 'vista's'. Happily all our kit is less than 300mm, thanks to limited budget!

It's GB footie at Millenium Stadium the next day (I know nothing about football so all this stuff about them not being 'real' teams just youngsters doesn't matter at all, just sad won't get to see Beckham as one of the few footballers I know about) but then it's the modern buildings at Cardiff Bay as much as during the match (where I'd imagnine the 55-300 being the lens to use.)

Comment by Eastridge posted on which wide to hire for Olympic Park architecture? at 06/07/2012 - 10:21

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo