spbatt

Joined: 1st April 2004

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

spbatt
I have been searching the web for one of these items - they are available in the U.S of A but is there anywhere in the U.K selling them?

I plan to get into very simple lens cleaning - front and rear elements only. I have tried the 'full on' lens dismantling and the results are still in a drawer somewhere . A job for the brave (stupid in my case) or the experienced!

Thanks and regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Does any one know where lens spanners can be purchased? at 23/09/2004 - 19:07

spbatt
So far my efforts with the Tamron Adaptall PKA mount on the Pentax *istD haven't been successful...

Regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Tamron SP 350mm at 01/10/2004 - 15:46

spbatt
That darned 24-48mm 'Series 1' lens has a problem... the aperture ring does not seem to be coupled to the aperture blades any more. Curses!!

Thanks for all the info on the Tamron SP 350mm everyone! Once I receive the Adaptall PKA mount I will update this posting with any negative/positive findings.

Regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Tamron SP 350mm at 23/09/2004 - 17:35

spbatt
Kimbo, I will be mostly trying/using the Adaptall II (PKA) on my Pentax *istD - I find that changing the aperture on the camera body whilst in hyper program on the *istD is a real time saver. I guess that this should work ok!(?)

As for the Pentax 1.7x AF adapter, I would definitely give that a try if one came up on ebay again for a reasonable price. I love manual-focus lenses but the -F lenses I have started to use have been impressive (50mm f1.7 in particular) and have saved me time on product shots. Also, if I use Pentax-F lenses with the Pentax Browser software then it gives me all the info for every photo (focal length, aperture, shutter, compensation etc.). Very cool!

Kimbo, do you have any booklets about the Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm zoom from around 1980? This lump of metal and glass will be appearing on ebay soon but I am finding out as much info as I can in the meantime.

Regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Tamron SP 350mm at 21/09/2004 - 12:59

spbatt
Cheers Kimbo - I have hunted a 'PKA' adaptall II down now which cost a whopping £15 incl. P&P. I am happy with that

Hi Mark, I would really appreciate having a magazine review of this lens scanned and emailed to me. Please send it to me at this address: [email protected]. Many thanks!!!

Regards
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Tamron SP 350mm at 20/09/2004 - 17:25

spbatt
Thanks Kimbo. More information than I could shake a stick at - it's so useful having those old brochures knocking around! I did start respecting Tamron a lot when I bagged a SP 90mm f2.5 macro - lovely lens that has left me searching for a Tamron Adaptal KA mount (should Adaptal be one 'l' or 2? hmmmmm) all over ebay. So many 'K' versions knocking around!

Regards

Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Tamron SP 350mm at 18/09/2004 - 15:23

spbatt
Hello group,

I have one of these mirror lenses and have taken some back garden shots with it, it appears to be a fine lens (for a non-Pentax that is), I will test it again when I can get out and about properly.

The thing is though, I have been trying to find any information regarding this lens on the web but can't find any info at all. So, once again, i am seeking information from fellow Pentax Users who may have experience of this 'chubby' lens, it does seem to be uncommon so not sure if anyone can help here .

Thanks!
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Tamron SP 350mm at 17/09/2004 - 14:06

spbatt
Thanks John,

I got one as part of a larger set but couldn't find much info about it online. It has great styling and has the 'look' and 'feel' of a fantastic camera IMHO - shame about the reliability issues with it but if it was a 'transitional' camera model for Pentax then I am not surprised they made a few 'mistakes' with it.

I will definitely be running a roll of film through it (it might actually be wise to check the exposures against my *istD first) and use some SMC Takumars with it.

Regards
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on ES II at 14/09/2004 - 09:29

spbatt
Has anyone had experience of this camera?

What do people think of it, does any one know the history of it and whether it suffers from any reliability issues in old age?

It looks great that is for sure

Regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on ES II at 13/09/2004 - 19:15

spbatt
The SF7 is a good camera in my books, it offers lots and is easy to use, and great value secondhand. Still, a camera is only as good as the lens you use it with and I happen to also like the Pentax-A versions of the 35-70mm zoom - nicely compact and light but having a useful zoom range and very decent performance. I have an Pentax-F version being cleaned so have not used it...yet, but I believe the -A and -F lenses are the same optically.

Regards
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Newbie seeks advice about a Pentax SF7 at 24/10/2004 - 18:41

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo