spbatt

Joined: 1st April 2004

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

spbatt
Hi Kim

That is a beautiful camera, the 1.4 lens, the filter, the sync caps, the lens cap... not a mark. If the 'next' button had worked on the reptillian MX page then I would have happily viewed more.

All the best!
Simon

P.S. - Do you have the matching snakeskin boots and stetson?

Comment by spbatt posted on MV1 - I have no idea what I'm doing... at 10/03/2005 - 12:07

spbatt
hmmm, that could be useful!

If it wasn't for this group then I could've gone years without knowing that. The *istD is phenomenal to me and I love it... the manual is at best... inadequate ( I am being polite here ).

Regards
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on *istD - Link AF with AE? at 18/08/2004 - 18:15

spbatt
I found this one with no reserve...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4688&item=38322...

I can't see the other one.

Regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Vivitar 35mm - 70mm macro zoom pentax k fit at 09/08/2004 - 18:02

spbatt
I can recommend the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400. I bought mine on Ebay for almost £400 and it has impressive specifications (maximum resolution of 5400x5400 dpi), see them here at:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Minolta%20Dimage%20Scan%20Elite%205400%20Scanner:1991283333age=details

The scanner has been very well received and reviewed by the press and has some reviews on the following website:

http://www.pcphotoreview.com/Film,Scanner/Konica%20Minolta/PRD_173258_3126crx.aspx

Good luck
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on film Scanner at 09/08/2004 - 08:57

spbatt
Cor Blimey!!

These 2 macros lenses produce stunning results, I am really impressed now. My own personal photographic critic (i.e. the Missus) has already ordered print outs of the flowers and fruit that I have been snapping.

I shot all of the images in the Raw format and have tried the impressive C1 SE software (Mac OSX version) - it is very good. I then discovered that Adobe had updated its own RAW file import plug-in (about 1-2 months ago) and have been using that instead because I have been a Photoshop user since version 2.5 and have always loved that program.

I need to decide what else I am going to point my Macro lenses at now...

Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on The Battle of the Macros! at 07/08/2004 - 10:46

spbatt
Advice and opinions from the group required...

I have 3 macro lenses, I have been testing 2 of them ( Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5 (MF) and a Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 ) but the third one is a Pentax-FA (Cosina made methinks) 100mm f/3.5, but I don't have that... yet.

I can't be too greedy and keep all three so which of these lenses would you most likely keep and why?

Thanks

Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on The Battle of the Macros! at 06/08/2004 - 11:00

spbatt
And 5 of my cameras.

I think I will have to patiently wait my turn, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

All the best,

Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Excellent Service at 05/08/2004 - 21:19

spbatt
Doh!

Here you go Kim, I knew the name 'cameraseals' had something to do with it but the seller goes by the name 'raven571'. Here is a link to a current Ebay auction...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15240&item=3828...

I'm glad you found the company John and good luck with the repairs!

Regards
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Me Super mirror cushion at 24/07/2004 - 13:23

spbatt
Hi John,

There is an American Ebay seller called 'cameraseals' who sells only mirror damper and light seal foam replacement kits. Costs under £10 for the basic package with no tools (just the foam and instructions) and is easily a job you can do yourself. I have the kit and have done a few cameras so far. Works well for me.

Regards,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Me Super mirror cushion at 23/07/2004 - 18:29

spbatt
It does seem like a cracking lens already!! I have a good sample shot to upload to the net. Can anyone tell me the best free image display website and a good file size for this image? I don't want thumb tapping waiting times but would like decent quality.

Many thanks,
Simon

Comment by spbatt posted on Pentax 45-125mm f/4 zoom at 06/08/2004 - 10:38

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo