ES II
Posted 13/09/2004 - 19:49
Link
The ES II is a lovely camera, but unfortunately is not particularly reliable. It was an early electronic SLR and seems to have been released before many electronic issues had been solved.
Nonetheless, if I found one at a low price I would buy it!
Nonetheless, if I found one at a low price I would buy it!
Best regards, John
Posted 14/09/2004 - 09:29
Link
Thanks John,
I got one as part of a larger set but couldn't find much info about it online. It has great styling and has the 'look' and 'feel' of a fantastic camera IMHO - shame about the reliability issues with it but if it was a 'transitional' camera model for Pentax then I am not surprised they made a few 'mistakes' with it.
I will definitely be running a roll of film through it (it might actually be wise to check the exposures against my *istD first) and use some SMC Takumars with it.
Regards
Simon
I got one as part of a larger set but couldn't find much info about it online. It has great styling and has the 'look' and 'feel' of a fantastic camera IMHO - shame about the reliability issues with it but if it was a 'transitional' camera model for Pentax then I am not surprised they made a few 'mistakes' with it.
I will definitely be running a roll of film through it (it might actually be wise to check the exposures against my *istD first) and use some SMC Takumars with it.
Regards
Simon
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


116 posts
22 years
Surrey
What do people think of it, does any one know the history of it and whether it suffers from any reliability issues in old age?
It looks great that is for sure
Regards,
Simon