mph555l

Joined: 9th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

mph555l
The 85mm f/4.5 lens also had a bigger brother the 300mm f/5.6. Both were very special and very expensive. They had fluorite and quartz elements to correct against chromatic aberration produced by IR and UV light.

Still no takers ?

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on A very rare takumar on ebay at 30/01/2010 - 08:36

mph555l
Now here is a very rare beast.

link

Something for the collector with a larger wallet than mine.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on A very rare takumar on ebay at 29/01/2010 - 23:07

mph555l
Cloud and light snow in Stockholm tonight

Hope the rest of you have better luck.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Heads Up for Star Gazzers at 29/01/2010 - 20:18

mph555l
I have a mate (and fellow aviation enthusiast) who lives close to East Midlands. Thanks for the info, I've past it on. I've never seen a 225, but its little sister the 124 has been to Stockholm a few times. I of course have never had a camera to hand to capture the moment.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on A heads up for the aviation spotters here at 27/01/2010 - 11:12

mph555l
I really hope you get your gear back.
Fingers crossed.
/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on lost ALL my gear! at 25/01/2010 - 09:20

mph555l
Mannesty wrote:
Pentax could retrofit so many good features that are pure firmware to older models (yes, I know they are in the business of selling product). Most of us have been loyal to Pentax for many years, it's payback time.
This is so true. I hope someone from Pentax reads this.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Petition to Pentax about SDM option in firmware at 22/01/2010 - 08:54

mph555l
womble wrote:
GX10Cliff wrote:
Good luck kris, and have a nice time. And when are we going to see you on Time Team
Never been on Time Team but I did star in "Terry Jones' Barbarians".
And there I was idly hopping through the satellite TV channels last night, when I thought to myself - hold on, I recognise that face !

Interesting program Kris.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Leave of absence at 18/01/2010 - 09:29

mph555l
RichardDay wrote:
Mannesty wrote:
Where does the Kodak 'Brownie' fit? That was my first camera.

It used 127 film, was certainly not compact, and did not have interchangeable lenses.

OK, I guess it was compact in its day.
Mine too! In 1950 I think!

Comment Image
I also started with one of these. At the time I thought it was a great camera.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Your first camera at 10/01/2010 - 15:59

mph555l
Years ago I took every lens I owned with me (just in case), but these days I carry as little as possible. At the moment just the K10 and 16-45 seem to cover most of my needs. I might take another lens along in a spare jacket pocket (protected in a soft pouch). If I'm using a film body I like to just take a 24mm lens along.

All the best for 2010,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on What do you carry with you when you go out to photograph? at 04/01/2010 - 09:07

mph555l
Thanks for all the answers. Now I know they exist I'll keep a look out on eBay etc. One is bound to turn up sooner or later.
Cheers,
/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on case for ME super & M40 pancake ? at 18/12/2009 - 13:57

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo