Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

lost ALL my gear!

Darkmunk
Posted 24/01/2010 - 10:27 Link
I went to the park to shoot a long exposure for Prieni's comp and left ALL my camera gear in a black ruck sack in the playground!!!!!!!
Still waiting for the police to get back to me, Sunday but if you hear of Pentax gear being sold in Plymouth on eBay or whatever, be sure to let me know! Don't try and entrap him with questions, I'll do it - I don't want him getting wind of any suspicions. Cheers.

I am such a twat..... Every sodding thing I have built up over 2 years, everything in my sig. in ONE sodding bag.....and I forgot it ! aaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhgggggggggg.

There's still hope that it has been found and kept safe, and I knew one of the Dad's there who was the only person there when we left, so I'm hoping to see him at school on Monday with a grin on his face
mowog
Posted 24/01/2010 - 10:43 Link
Sorry to hear that! - Don't kick yourself too much... Sh*t happens!
Any serial numbers we should look out for?
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.
Prieni
Posted 24/01/2010 - 10:48 Link
Oh no, that is a blow! I'm sorry for being at the root of this momentary lapse of common sense (or whatever one should call it).

My next competition theme will be "extremely short exposure of an image that has your filled camera bag in it" or something to that tune.

I hope that it was picked up by some honest person, whatever we read in the newspapers and get served on telly, the honest ones are still in the majority. If that is not true, please don't tell me!

Good luck,
Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Pentaxophile
Posted 24/01/2010 - 10:49 Link
I really feel for you! Crossing my fingers that it has been handed in - in my experience over my 33 years of absentminded forgetfulness there are some amazingly honest and upstanding citizens out there.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Darkmunk
Posted 24/01/2010 - 10:55 Link
Quote:
the honest ones are still in the majority.

I think you're right Prieni, I'm still very hopeful.
I would be more relaxed if it hadn't taken every spare penny I had to scratch together my modest kit and it'll cost a fortune to replace at today's prices. I couldn't even afford insurance and I suspect it wouldn't qualify anyway.
Maybe I can have special dispensation to use my Fuji for the comps
Mannesty
Posted 24/01/2010 - 11:04 Link
I feel for you.

My brother-in-law did exactly the same thing whilst he was here in Spain. We were taking photo's at a local medieval village and he simply walked away from his bag, then we drove off. Not until about an hour later did he remember he'd left it.

The items were never recovered but he was able to claim on his house insurance. Maybe you can too.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 24/01/2010 - 11:09 Link
Darkmunk wrote:
I went to the park to shoot a long exposure for Prieni's comp and left ALL my camera gear in a black ruck sack in the playground!!!!!!!
Still waiting for the police to get back to me, Sunday but if you hear of Pentax gear being sold in Plymouth on eBay or whatever, be sure to let me know! Don't try and entrap him with questions, I'll do it - I don't want him getting wind of any suspicions. Cheers.

I am such a twat..... Every sodding thing I have built up over 2 years, everything in my sig. in ONE sodding bag.....and I forgot it ! aaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhgggggggggg.

There's still hope that it has been found and kept safe, and I knew one of the Dad's there who was the only person there when we left, so I'm hoping to see him at school on Monday with a grin on his face

Groan, I do feel for you. Will keep an eye open on the bay - any serial no.s to watch for ? - check your receipts, they are often written down on there by the shop.

You might find you're covered on house insurance if you have the additional accidental cover on the contents too - doesn't need a seperate insurance policy to cover camera gear IIRC.
Technoblurb
Posted 24/01/2010 - 11:10 Link
Very bad news, I would be devastated if that happened to me.

Graham
Mike-P
Posted 24/01/2010 - 11:26 Link
Gutted, feel for you.

Hopefully someone honest picked it up and you will be reunited soon.
Photomonk
Posted 24/01/2010 - 11:34 Link
I can think of few worse things that could happen to a photographer. My condolences and I hope that you are able to recover all of it very soon.

The Photomonk
Hardgravity
Posted 24/01/2010 - 11:53 Link
Here's hoping that somebody gets your kit back to you Darkmunk.

The only line open now is household insurance, should the kit remain lost!

I'd be checking my policy right now if it was me...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
haydnw
Posted 24/01/2010 - 12:40 Link
Wow,

I can't imagine how bad you are feeling right now - don't give up hope though, a friend of mine has done exactly the same thing TWICE, and got his kit back intact on both occasions - there are still honest folk out there.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you
Haydn

link
Samsung GX1S, Nikon D300, Zenith 12XP, Olympus OM10, Holga 120N
Joe S
Posted 24/01/2010 - 12:41 Link
Oh noooo!

You are not alone, mate! A year ago I concluded a 3-week (otherwise succesfull) trip to Italy by leaving my laptop (including all pics!) behind at the airport's train station. I was waiting for the train to take me the last stretch home after being on the move for 3 weeks. So close ... yet so far! More often than not we are our own worst enemies.

In my case a days emailing and calling around was succesfull. I really hope you are just a lucky! Otherwise, since I understand this is Prieni's fault, I suggest he donates a few bits from his collection
Hi. My name is Joel and I'm a travelholic.
Stolen kit: Pentax K7 #3428965 and Pentax FA 43mm #0028350
beginner
Posted 24/01/2010 - 12:59 Link
Be worth getting in touch with the Pawn/cheque cash shop opposite the indoor market, It would be a very good place to offload it!...hope someone honest picked it up, good luck!............Ken
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Gwyn
Posted 24/01/2010 - 13:00 Link
What a nightmare.
Fingers crossed you can get it all back intact. Thankfully the honest are still in the majority.
You don't know the name of the father who was there so that you can give him a call? Maybe someone else from school can get you in touch with him?
Check your home contents insurance too, just in case.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.