case for ME super & M40 pancake ?
Posted 16/12/2009 - 19:04
Link
The ME Super case is already very small and will not hold anything other than a 'standard' lens.
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 16/12/2009 - 19:12
Link
I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 16/12/2009 - 22:47
Link
gartmore wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.
Do you mean this one?I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.


(Please excuse the awful shots taken quickly on the end of my bed...)
I can confirm that (a) it seems to be unusual. I have only seen one on ebay and I bought it! and (b) it is a little wide for the ME Super but it sort of fits.
The case allows you to wind on, look through the viewfinder, adjust aperture and focus and take the picture without undoing anything. One can unpop the top flap to change shutter speed. You do, however, loose the ability to see the aperture in the viewfinder.
My lady love calls it my "camera cosy"
Cheers, K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 16/12/2009 - 22:58
Link
Hardgravity wrote:
That's the one Kris.
They're as rare as ....
Glad I snapped it up then. Makes the MX quite a nice grab and go camera.That's the one Kris.
They're as rare as ....
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 17/12/2009 - 08:24
Link
That isn't a case! That is a very rare, at least I've never seen one before outside the Pentax catalogue, soundproofing blimp for taking almost silent pictures in theatres etc.
So now you know!
So now you know!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 17/12/2009 - 22:30
Link
Just had a look at the accessories catalogue. This is the "short soft case" which, as Gartmore correctly states, is for quiet operation. It comes in four types: MX, ME, K2/KX and KM. Obviously, mine is the MX version.
There are also the "soft case M-50" and "soft case M-40". The latter is, according to the catalogue, "A soft crumble case which accommodates the ME or MX with the 40mm f/2.8 lens." Soft crumble sounds like when my puddings go wrong...
Unlike the eveready cases which are common, all these appear rather unusual items. I'd rather like the soft crumble for my MX...
K.
There are also the "soft case M-50" and "soft case M-40". The latter is, according to the catalogue, "A soft crumble case which accommodates the ME or MX with the 40mm f/2.8 lens." Soft crumble sounds like when my puddings go wrong...
Unlike the eveready cases which are common, all these appear rather unusual items. I'd rather like the soft crumble for my MX...
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 17/12/2009 - 22:56
Link
Does anyone know of a modern case that suits the MX? Ideally one with a velcro belt loop attached (like the Lowepro "sliplock" kit). The M series look a bit lost in a modern camera pouch!
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 18/12/2009 - 13:15
Link
gartmore wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.
There was an ERC for the ME-S + 40mm, which had a very short "snout" on the front piece.I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.
This front piece also fits the bottom piece of the MX ERC.
I used to use the two together to house my MX & M40, which was a great combination.
The only way you could tell they weren't designed for each other is because the ME-S part had a purple lining and the MX part a black lining.
Unfortunately, I disposed of the case a while ago as it was somewhat worse for wear, otherwise I could have provided a picture
R
Posted 18/12/2009 - 13:57
Link
Thanks for all the answers. Now I know they exist I'll keep a look out on eBay etc. One is bound to turn up sooner or later.
Cheers,
/Ian
Cheers,
/Ian
K10D & Super A user.
Posted 28/12/2009 - 11:35
Link
Reuben0 wrote:
This front piece also fits the bottom piece of the MX ERC.
I used to use the two together to house my MX & M40, which was a great combination.
The only way you could tell they weren't designed for each other is because the ME-S part had a purple lining and the MX part a black lining.
Unfortunately, I disposed of the case a while ago as it was somewhat worse for wear, otherwise I could have provided a picture
R
I have one of these somewhere. I cannot remember if it is for the MES or MX.
gartmore wrote:
I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.
There was an ERC for the ME-S + 40mm, which had a very short "snout" on the front piece.I'm pretty sure there was an ERC for the MX plus 40, or rather a replacement front, but I have never seen one.
This front piece also fits the bottom piece of the MX ERC.
I used to use the two together to house my MX & M40, which was a great combination.
The only way you could tell they weren't designed for each other is because the ME-S part had a purple lining and the MX part a black lining.
Unfortunately, I disposed of the case a while ago as it was somewhat worse for wear, otherwise I could have provided a picture
R
Posted 28/12/2009 - 11:39
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
Does anyone know of a modern case that suits the MX? Ideally one with a velcro belt loop attached (like the Lowepro "sliplock" kit). The M series look a bit lost in a modern camera pouch!
The Zhou cases for Bessa R series cameras work quite nicely on the MX. You need one of the early ones which had ver slightly different dimensions. Does anyone know of a modern case that suits the MX? Ideally one with a velcro belt loop attached (like the Lowepro "sliplock" kit). The M series look a bit lost in a modern camera pouch!
It looks like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170401212050
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


271 posts
19 years
Stockholm
Cheers,
/Ian