Marcus1

Joined: 4th August 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Marcus1
chrissinkpen wrote:
How about a car sticker.
Regards
Chris
K200D
Yep! How about
'Pentax Users Take it Easy'
Marcus

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Pentax User Badge Poll at 14/09/2009 - 14:25

Marcus1
That probabley accounts for my couple of failures. Good camera, poor operator

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Fatal problem or known fault??? at 14/09/2009 - 14:02

Marcus1
I have had it a couple of times, as one off event, but not recently. I paid little heed, putting it down to 'Operator Error'. Does it occur when you are using Flash? Continual shooting?
Be interesting to know if this has been experienced by other K10 users.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Fatal problem or known fault??? at 14/09/2009 - 13:46

Marcus1
Caution Photographer on board.
or
Pentax Users Take it Easy.
or
Pentax not Car Tax.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Just For Fun car stickers at 14/09/2009 - 13:40

Marcus1
Such fine shots, difficult to have a favorite. They all set a standard that I have yet to achieve. Take it steady for a couple of weeks and get well soon.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Pleased as Punch at 14/09/2009 - 12:42

Marcus1
JR said: It's very difficult to keep anything for ever.

I fear you may be right. The paperless office has not really happened. Back to hard copies

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Print or purchase? at 14/09/2009 - 12:28

Marcus1
As a long term project, I have been creating a Family Tree. I use Family Tree Maker software, this enables me to save photographs, birth certs etc in idividuals Albums. I have acquired b&w photographs from elderly aunts, www, etc, I take photos of houses and cottages they once occupied, wedding photos etc. It is all very boring for todays generation but I feel it will become an interesting historical record in 30 to 40 years time. The data base currently has some 6,000 individuals and approx 200 photographs and goes back to 1710. If I printed a hard copy of the 'Tree' I would be able to paper the lounge with it How to preserve this,securely with its attached photos and documents, for the long term: Any suggestions on secure archives:

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Print or purchase? at 14/09/2009 - 11:02

Marcus1
I wonder what the life expectancy of an image on DVD, or other electronic storeage might be: Assuming it is stored properly, and the technology for play back is still available. I heard some place that electronically stored media decays over time, any thoughts on this:

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Print or purchase? at 14/09/2009 - 10:20

Marcus1
And Ford baught Volvo, and BMW wogged the Mini image. Saab, and also Pentax, may well benefit from some investment and R&D. So long as they remain true to their image and ethic.
Is there a relationship of Car ownership [Brand] and Camera ownership [Brand]? Do C****n owners really drive Trabants?

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Just noticed at 13/09/2009 - 19:00

Marcus1
I use an HP Photosmart C7180. Had a bit of trouble sorting out the colour space, but now fine. Ink cartridges, six in all, are the major expense. It does not like remades. Up to A4 it does a reasonable job. If I ever get a photo I am proud of Then I would use a print shop and maybe go to A3. To date nothing meets the criteria
I like the instant results, as do the grandchildren. Some go up on my office wall and serve to remind me 'Could do Better!'
I have also been able to scan, edit and enlarge some old B&W family photographs of weddings and groups 1910. I am an amateur, so can afford the luxury of playing about, its all part of the good fun.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Print or purchase? at 13/09/2009 - 16:58

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo