Marcus1

Joined: 4th August 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Marcus1
Aiki wrote:
The forum IS a multylayer mentor system !

It is the main reason for me to be here ! So many excellent teachers !
I have got lot of good advice from here.



Just a pity that I cant meet you in real life. It would be defenetly exciting to be "a shadow" for several members here - even only for couple of hours
This is getting to be very interesting. The notion of mentoring on a one to one basis is very attractive to a 'begginer', like me. Small bites at a time. Camera specific. One issue at a time, e.g Composition, Sharpness. Working with the kit that we have, not with the ideal or the kit we would like. Honest, practical, achievable. I am very interested, as a recipeint at this stage, in time I might then be able to mentor another ' beginner'.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Mentoring for Newer Photographers at 05/09/2009 - 21:53

Marcus1
I find a tripod invaluable in wildlife photography. I can Set the camera and a remote flash on a nest, hole, feeding table etc. then sit quitely nearby and fire shots off, by remote, when the subject comes into range. My subjects are often a bit timid but most are very partial to a crumbled digestive biscuit. My wildlife subjects tend to be limited to my garden. Apart from birds I am lucky tohave frogs, toads, newts, mice, hedgehogs, spiders etc.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on are Tri-pods an endangered speices? at 05/09/2009 - 14:14

Marcus1
Gweef! I am now a Site Veteran I have converted my Zimmer to mount the K10, I shall call it my QuadroPod. I jest.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on venerable !!!! at 05/09/2009 - 14:04

Marcus1
As an amateur, my photography is a liesure activity. I take a camera with me, not knowing what I shall find. On occaisions I revisit a subject many times, try different angle, lighting etc. Mostly I fail to capture the image to my satisfaction, sometimes I succeed. A proffessional would know exactly what they [or the client] want befor venturing out and usually succeed first time. So what! I have more fun.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on What makes a good photographer? at 05/09/2009 - 12:28

Marcus1
Hi Feeb.I admire your confidence and enthusiasm and wish you every success, regardless of the Brand Name on the front of your camera. Keep in touch, you are a breath of fresh air

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Why i am switching from Pentax to Nikon at 05/09/2009 - 11:33

Marcus1
Hi Duane, Welcome. I am sure you will find a K200D through this forum, just keep looking, and good luck

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Indecisions... at 05/09/2009 - 11:15

Marcus1
Welcome Tony. You are in the right place.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on New(ish) boy! at 05/09/2009 - 11:03

Marcus1
As an amateur I am well pleased with my K10, but guess I would have to be looking for a lot more precision if I were to depend on my camera for a living. Wishing you every success in your new career. A craftsman does need the right tools for the job.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Why i am switching from Pentax to Nikon at 04/09/2009 - 17:05

Marcus1
Malo1961 wrote:
I have the K10D, and as long as it does what it supposed to do, I won't upgrade. For my type of photography I just don't see any advantage.
I'll rather spend the money on some extra quality glass.

Martin.
My sentiments entirely. The K10 does everything I ask of it, rather spend money on a lens or another wireless flash.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Who has, will have a K-7? at 04/09/2009 - 16:52

Marcus1
If it moves I shoot it! Wildlife and landscapes at the moment. Hope to graduate into portraits.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on How do you use your Pentax?! at 03/09/2009 - 19:26

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo