Just noticed
Posted 08/09/2009 - 10:45
Link
...or they all arrived at separate similar conclusions about what works and what doesn't
After all, as far as I know, all dSLR users have human hands - and that tends to define the optimum design
Matt
After all, as far as I know, all dSLR users have human hands - and that tends to define the optimum design
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 08/09/2009 - 11:40
Link
did Canon come to different conclusion then LoL
Im talking about little things like position of ISO button , front and rear thumbwheel , AF switch.
Howard
Im talking about little things like position of ISO button , front and rear thumbwheel , AF switch.
Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Posted 08/09/2009 - 12:13
Link
Think like cars of today, you put the requirements into a computer and design with the answers you get - as peoples hands are alike you are likely to find manufactures coming up with similar ideas - would be very surprised if the body that has a reputation for being ergonomically excellent would bother themselves looking elsewhere at bodies that are and have been criticized for their difficult in use.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 08/09/2009 - 12:23
Link
Pentax and Nikon cameras are designed by human being for human beings.
Canons, of course, are designed by robots. I wouldn't presume to hazard a guess at their target market.
G
Canons, of course, are designed by robots. I wouldn't presume to hazard a guess at their target market.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 08/09/2009 - 17:19
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Pentax and Nikon cameras are designed by human being for human beings.
Canons, of course, are designed by robots. I wouldn't presume to hazard a guess at their target market.
I don't think Canon need your guess - they manage to grab 40% of the total market by themselves
Pentax and Nikon cameras are designed by human being for human beings.
Canons, of course, are designed by robots. I wouldn't presume to hazard a guess at their target market.
Posted 08/09/2009 - 19:40
Link
lemmy wrote:
So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.George Lazarette wrote:
Pentax and Nikon cameras are designed by human being for human beings.
Canons, of course, are designed by robots. I wouldn't presume to hazard a guess at their target market.
I don't think Canon need your guess - they manage to grab 40% of the total market by themselves Pentax and Nikon cameras are designed by human being for human beings.
Canons, of course, are designed by robots. I wouldn't presume to hazard a guess at their target market.
Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Posted 08/09/2009 - 21:31
Link
hkwiles wrote:
So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
You're just showing off now
So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 08/09/2009 - 23:22
Link
Quote:
I don't think Canon need your guess - they manage to grab 40% of the total market by themselves
I don't think Canon need your guess - they manage to grab 40% of the total market by themselves
Quote:
So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
If Pentax's market share was 30% of Canon's, as BMW's is of Ford, Pentax would be as viable as BMW. So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
Also, Pentax's problem is that Canon and Nikon are seen as more prestigious in the market place. Through brilliant marketing, BMW, in reality yet another European mass car producer, is seen as more prestigious than many other makers.
How about giving up your Pentax for a Ford, then?
Posted 08/09/2009 - 23:29
Link
They all steal ideas from each other
Posted 09/09/2009 - 08:07
Link
Father Ted wrote:
unfortunately my inheritance appeared 2 years ago ( dad died) and i thought "well, you are only old once!"hkwiles wrote:
So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
You're just showing off now So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
lemmy wrote:
Also, Pentax's problem is that Canon and Nikon are seen as more prestigious in the market place. Through brilliant marketing, BMW, in reality yet another European mass car producer, is seen as more prestigious than many other makers.
How about giving up your Pentax for a Ford, then?
but it IS a more prestigiuos car .Quote:
I don't think Canon need your guess - they manage to grab 40% of the total market by themselves
I don't think Canon need your guess - they manage to grab 40% of the total market by themselves
Quote:
So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
If Pentax's market share was 30% of Canon's, as BMW's is of Ford, Pentax would be as viable as BMW. So do Ford ! but I aint swopping my BMW for one !.
Howard
Also, Pentax's problem is that Canon and Nikon are seen as more prestigious in the market place. Through brilliant marketing, BMW, in reality yet another European mass car producer, is seen as more prestigious than many other makers.
How about giving up your Pentax for a Ford, then?
I think I would see Pentax as the Skoda to Canon as the Audi.
Same if not better , but certainly better value.
Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Posted 09/09/2009 - 09:11
Link
hkwiles wrote:
[I think I would see Pentax as the Skoda to Canon as the Audi.
No, no, no, no, No.[I think I would see Pentax as the Skoda to Canon as the Audi.
pentax = Saab.
Neglected by parent company (Hoya/GM), limited market share, small product portfolio, left-field thinking, yet still a renowned producer...
You couldn't compare a P30, SFX or ME Super or LX with a 1980s Skoda estelle
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Posted 09/09/2009 - 09:16
Link
Quote:
but it IS a more prestigiuos car .
I think I would see Pentax as the Skoda to Canon as the Audi.
Same if not better , but certainly better value.
Howard
I've never quite got the prestige thing with cars, they all seem a form of(very expensive)white goods to me.but it IS a more prestigiuos car .
I think I would see Pentax as the Skoda to Canon as the Audi.
Same if not better , but certainly better value.
Howard
I agree about the cameras and of course Skoda was taken from being an also ran in the car market to a contender. It'd be nice if Pentax could do the same thing but I doubt it.
Of course, my Samsung has much less 'prestige' than a Pentax but at £299 I can handle the shame
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


191 posts
17 years
comments ?
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4