Marcus1

Joined: 4th August 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Marcus1
hkwiles wrote:
Marcus1 wrote:
For me the 'Prestige' thing is totally irrelevant. I prefer to have the labels on the inside of my clothes and not splashed across the front. Badge engineering is a marketing device. :
Go up to someone with a nice big Adidas logo on their T shirt and say
" Beckham gets paid £7M for advertising thier stuff, how much are they paying you ?"
Thanks for the great advice Tried it. He grunted twice and bopped me on the nose
I now have blood on my LCD screen

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Just noticed at 09/09/2009 - 12:49

Marcus1
Hi John, That is reassuring. If second hand Pentax gear comes flooding onto the market it would enable me to build my kit at a very reasonable cost. I hope that Pentax survive, but if not I am sure Pentax Users will be around for many many years to come.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Samsung terminates GX at 09/09/2009 - 12:18

Marcus1
For me the 'Prestige' thing is totally irrelevant. I prefer to have the labels on the inside of my clothes and not splashed across the front. Badge engineering is a marketing device. Built down to a price, built up to a standard. What PC World want to 'sell' me is not always what I am seeking to 'Buy' but I really appreciate the wide choice. Competition, innovation, price wars. Bring it on

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Just noticed at 09/09/2009 - 11:47

Marcus1
Pwynnej wrote:
hkwiles wrote:
[I think I would see Pentax as the Skoda to Canon as the Audi.

No, no, no, no, No.

pentax = Saab.

Neglected by parent company (Hoya/GM), limited market share, small product portfolio, left-field thinking, yet still a renowned producer...

You couldn't compare a P30, SFX or ME Super or LX with a 1980s Skoda estelle
My K10 is Moose Proof
I think cameras are in the same league as motorcars, printers, computers, mobile phones etc. The designs are a compromise. Very few set out to be 'The Best in the World', Rather best in Class. They aim for a particular market, considerations of cost,functionality, performance, visual appeal, emerging technology, USP's, colours etc. Personally, when I buy these products, I am faced with enormous choice and try to find the Model/Make that will 'do' what I want it to do and most importantly I can afford. Having said that I have a weakness for Swedish Motorcars and Pentax cameras because I perceive them to have a good build quality.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Just noticed at 09/09/2009 - 10:17

Marcus1
Top one for me.Less busy without the flag. Is that your camera lens, reflected in the spot light:

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Riley at 07/09/2009 - 16:14

Marcus1
Agree with some that the flag pole is a bit of a distraction, not helped by the variety of other lines, grill, bonnet chrome, windscreen surround. They do not seem to lead anywhere, for me the pole makes for confusing image. Maybe if the flag pole was also chrome :Lovely motor car. Did you use a poloriser?

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Riley at 07/09/2009 - 13:38

Marcus1
I use Picasa 3. I do not yet have Matts 72K of images, yet, but have some forty folders for different 'categories'. Sub folders within a category often carry a date line. Very easy to select an image and email it via Google. Also possible to edit in Picasa or a programme of choice. I can see that I shall be needing a standalone Tb drive very soon!
It is free! I like it!

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Digital Asset Management at 07/09/2009 - 11:04

Marcus1
I think the science is objective and can be taught by a good teacher. The art is subjective and just might be inspired by a good tutor.
One mans meat is another mans poisson.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on Photo Teachers? at 07/09/2009 - 09:33

Marcus1
mikew wrote:
What did you find in debug mode that made any real difference?
I too would be interested to know. I don't think I would attempt it unless there was a significant gain. I understand that a small error can ruin the lot?!!

Comment by Marcus1 posted on k10 v k20 at 06/09/2009 - 15:20

Marcus1
The angle of the nail, shadows and the run of the grain suggest to me that a rotation of ninety degrees to the left. From landscape to portrait.
The cork does not seem to hang naturally, but some great textures.

Comment by Marcus1 posted on unlucky 13 at 06/09/2009 - 11:14

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo