johnboy-22

Joined: 29th March 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

johnboy-22
unable to post picture but I may be an hour early as I posted last night.

link

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on Sunsets at 27/04/2012 - 18:54

johnboy-22
Comment Image


Hope this works then. I am just about to go and see if I can get a sunset over the canon.

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on Sunsets at 27/04/2012 - 18:46

johnboy-22
I hope this works.

This was on of my pictures.
link

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on Sunsets at 26/04/2012 - 19:36

johnboy-22
I have just run out of the house and taken about 150 pictures of the Sunset with my K5 in the rain. They were all taken at ISO80 f8 and various speeds. 5 brackets each picture.

on my return I had a thought that it might have been better to have highlight and shadow correction on.

Would this have given me a better dynamic range.

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on Sunsets at 20/04/2012 - 20:55

johnboy-22
Great thread even if I say so myself.
So far no one has said any thing about using the custom settings on page 222. I am assuming that if you are working on a landscape you would at least start with this setting and if so have you adjusted anything. Lastly can you tell me the difference between Fine and Extra sharpness.

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on favourite settings at 15/04/2012 - 09:19

johnboy-22
On another post one person said that to do any good you had to look at all 3 colours separately. I have done this and noticed that for example all the blue was way to the right compared to red and green. How would you get the blue only to move to the left on a K5.

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on Histogram at 14/04/2012 - 22:24

johnboy-22
Might have gotten them to work and have made them public if you have the link in picasa. I hope.

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on 10 stop ND filter or normal at 11/04/2012 - 20:45

johnboy-22
Ok how do i post pictures that everyone can see

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on 10 stop ND filter or normal at 11/04/2012 - 20:41

johnboy-22
I took these two photos today, One with a 10 stop ND filter and one without. Which do you prefer.
F8 8sec ISO 80 18mm
https://picasaweb.google.com/112592988917606896245/PENTAX#5730224714584159106

This was the ND filter with a young girl walking in front of me.m

And this one was ISO 80, 1/250 F7.1 28m
https://picasaweb.google.com/112592988917606896245/PENTAX#5730224679122864834

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on 10 stop ND filter or normal at 11/04/2012 - 20:25

johnboy-22
Thanks everyone. It looks as if I want to use this I will have to treat myself to a new lens in the next few years.

Comment by johnboy-22 posted on catch in focus at 10/04/2012 - 14:44

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo