All Forum Comments
Comment by timothyw posted on Pentax K-R with DAL lens - 1250 exposures - Bargain £200 at 29/12/2012 - 17:08
Comment by timothyw posted on Pentax K-R with DAL lens - 1250 exposures - Bargain £200 at 13/12/2012 - 22:17



Camera is pictured with DA-WR lens, to be clear this is not for sale - camera is for Sale with DAL 18-55 lens with genuine Pentax lens hood.
Full set here, in which you can see my struggle to photograph the scratch - it really is pretty much invisible, and I don't notice it in use:
Comment by timothyw posted on Pentax K-R with DAL lens - 1250 exposures - Bargain £200 at 12/12/2012 - 13:36
Offering for sale, Pentax K-R in excellent condition, just 1250 exposures, boxed with DAL 18-55 lens - £210 delivered or £200 cash on collection (can meet in Zone 1-3 London or St Albans/Watford, Herts ).
Slightly convoluted story - the body came from Spectrum camera on Tottenham Court Road, and was bought last January. Spectrum are a Pentax Pro Centre (like SRS) so warranty on the body is good for another year (warranty expires January 2014). I've not had experience with spectrum for second hand warranty, but in the unlikely event of anything going wrong with the camera in the next year I'm happy to help.
The DAL 18-55mm lens has SRS microsystems warranty up until June this year. To clarify, I bought the set from SRS at that time but the body was stolen, hence the replacement from Spectrum.
In short, camera is boxed in like new condition with warranty to January 2014.
In interests of full disclosure, there is a tiny hair like scratch at the bottom left of the rear display - obviously this doesn't effect the camera in use, and is barely noticeable when the display is on (eg when reviewing pictures).
I'm selling as I've decided to upgrade to a K-30, in the interests of a more consistent experience when used alongside my K-5.
Get the offers in quick - if I don't get any interest I'll just trade it in. Cheers all!
Comment by timothyw posted on Pentax K-R with DAL lens - 1250 exposures - Bargain £200 at 11/12/2012 - 20:14
Absolutely agree, the people wanting a FF from Pentax are boring. Even those wanting faster AF are boring.
Why would any Pentax user possibly want to use a Ltd lens on a camera format that it was actually designed to be used with?
Best regards
At least now those people can either get on with buying a Canikon, or start saving the £2000 ish that this Pentax is likely to cost...
Comment by timothyw posted on Pentax FF DSLR - confirmed at 10/10/2012 - 15:04
I fully appreciate that there is no rule against dealing via PM when others have expressed interest, but I think it's at the least bad form to not register interest when someone else is clearly already considering a fairly sizable purchase.
Given all that, perhaps buyer and seller were perfect for each other.
Comment by timothyw posted on FS: Sigma 30mm F/1.4 EX, Latest Version at 22/08/2012 - 18:35
Comment by timothyw posted on FS: Sigma 30mm F/1.4 EX, Latest Version at 22/08/2012 - 17:20
Comment by timothyw posted on FS: Sigma 30mm F/1.4 EX, Latest Version at 22/08/2012 - 13:47
Comment by timothyw posted on Giving up lurking at 19/04/2012 - 15:54

Anyhow, I took a set in case anyone is interested-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruklaw/sets/72157629255272401/with/6850698551/
He was asking £800, which is a bit cheaper than the one in the states, although the quality is, as you can see a bit worse! Optically and mechanically seemed fine however.
Comment by timothyw posted on Pentax 85mm f/1.4 at 21/02/2012 - 09:40


Just to complete the thread, this has been sold to my sister, and makes one hell of an upgrade to the Samsung copy of an *ist DL she's been using up until now.
My white stormtrooper k30 is also performing excellent service!
Cheers all
Tim