timothyw

Joined: 18th July 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

timothyw
Certainly tempted, but would have to wait until payday next Friday.... give me a prod then if it hasn't gone yet!

Comment by timothyw posted on For sale: K20D, BG-2 Grip, 3 batteries, box & manual. at 15/09/2011 - 21:19

timothyw
Whereabouts are you in the UK? Can you post any pictures of the K7?

Comment by timothyw posted on pentax k7 at 09/09/2011 - 19:11

timothyw
Sold!

Comment by timothyw posted on For Sale - Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super Wide II Auto Focus 1:4 Macro at 31/08/2011 - 17:10

timothyw
Sorry, just to clarify what I've written, I'm happy to post if desired!

Comment by timothyw posted on For Sale - Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super Wide II Auto Focus 1:4 Macro at 31/08/2011 - 15:34

timothyw
For Sale- boxed in very good condition, the rare autofocus Sigma Super Wide II. Picked it up on my trip to Gibraltar this summer- it's a lovely lens, but I've decided the money would be better put towards a big zoom.
I'm not exactly sure what the history of this lens is- if I were to guess, I'd say it's been sat on the shelf for a few years, as it's in excellent shape. The rubberised body has a couple of scuffs, but feels good and solid in the hand.
Comment Image

Couple of things to point out- the rubber on the aperture ring has started to degrade, and is a bit sticky to the touch- not really a problem unless you want to use it on an old manual body.
Second thing, the original lens cap had lost its springiness- they swapped it for the Nikon cap which you can see in the photos.
Comment Image

Aside from that, so far as I can tell it's immaculate. No marks on the glass, snappy aperture etc. Sale includes everything you see here:
Comment Image

Except the table, obviously.... One small point, the hood attaches to the filter ring, so you have to swap between attaching the hood and lens cap- it is very quick to do so however, as the hood is quick release. You can see how it mounts here.

Now that the details are out of the way, a couple of samples:
Comment Image

Comment Image


There's more shots both taken with it and of it in this flickr set.

Looking for £140 for this little beauty, will consider offers. Happy to meet in London zones 1-3 (am based near Bayswater/Notting Hill, but have travelcard, will travel...) or deliver pending negotiation. Don't have a lot of feedback on ebay but sold a few things on AVForums and have good feedback there. Annoyingly, you'll have to be a member to see it.

PS: If you can't stand the thought of carrying round a lens with a Nikon cap, I'll swap it for the Pentax one on my original DA 18-55...

Comment by timothyw posted on For Sale - Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super Wide II Auto Focus 1:4 Macro at 31/08/2011 - 15:04

timothyw
Is this still available? Where are you located, would I be able to collect?
Thanks
Tim

Comment by timothyw posted on FS: Sigma 24-60mm EX lens for Pentax mount at 18/07/2011 - 17:05

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo