swarf

Joined: 18th October 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

swarf
Love your abstract/minimalist shots - June and August stand out for me.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on One a Month 2019 at 05/01/2020 - 21:55

swarf
In low temps., battery life will be MUCH shorter, so as Gwyn suggests - carry spare batteries with you and keep them in an inside pocket. I always carry two spares in very cold conditions. Also, take your camera outside to acclimatise a little before starting to shoot, i.e. don't keep it tucked up in a nice insulated case until you reach the Penguins (please substitute any other appropriate subject), but take it out in advance to let it cool down.

I have shot with both my K-r and K-5iis in well below -10oC with no problems (down to -20oC with the K-r).

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Antarctica Trip at 28/12/2019 - 15:07

swarf
Very nicely done!

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Ferrari 488 GTB at 26/12/2019 - 10:19

swarf
I've just started putting images together for a 'Three of a kind' competition in the New Year and thought that I would go down the abstract route. The following three are my first stab at putting this together. They would all be cropped/mounted so as to be the same size & shape, but I've shown them below in their un-cropped state. They would be displayed left to right in the order 1, 2, 3. Any thoughts and suggestions as to changes I should make would be gratefully received. For those who are interested, they were all taken in and around Bosham Harbour in May last year.

1) - Left hand image

Comment Image


2) Centre image

Comment Image


3) Right hand image

Comment Image


Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Three of a Kind panel at 07/12/2019 - 11:02

swarf
Interesting set and (probably!) nos. 1 & 3 for me. However, no. 2 is a very unusual take on a shot of a fly.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on It's that time of year again. Condensation at 03/12/2019 - 16:44

swarf
I like the hint of Ivy showing through in #3, and agree with HarisF1 about #2.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Autumn Woodland ICM at 01/12/2019 - 10:33

swarf
The first one doesn't work for me, I think that there's too much in the image - maybe a tighter square crop around the flower head? I love the colours in the second one, beautiful and delicate. The third - as others have said, it's a cracker.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Garden Glory at 30/11/2019 - 10:39

swarf
Love the first one - very well spotted.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Those Chairs! at 28/11/2019 - 22:54

swarf
No.1 for me (especially when seen large!) - I prefer the mood of it to no. 2., where for me the highlights predominate.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Moody mono at 28/11/2019 - 16:37

swarf
Unusual subjects, but ones that work very well. I particularly like the greys in #1, and the light in #2.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Fishing Flies at 27/11/2019 - 21:37

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo