swarf

Joined: 18th October 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

swarf
I have bought a variable ND filter (admittedly a cheap one to try out before flashing the cash for an expensive one!), and I find that the cameras metering begins to under-expose significantly above about +4 to +5 stops. I'm using a K-r and for my test used centre weighted metering and aperture priority, before I switched switch to manual.

At small adjustments there was not much colour cast and that could be sorted in processing, but a high levels (+7 or more) quite a strong colour cast and other distortions making it not realistically usable, but I realise that you get what you pay for, so I shouldn't expect miracles.

Any thoughts/suggestions on the metering issue and recommendations for an affordable (less that £75) variable ND filter 62mm thread?

Comment by swarf posted on Variable ND Filters and Metering problems at 18/08/2012 - 13:00

swarf
Thanks all for your suggestions.

Chris - That's a good idea, I have some old plastic business card boxes somewhere, so I'll dig one out.

Gwyn - thanks for the link.

Comment by swarf posted on Battery Storage at 09/07/2012 - 15:32

swarf
Anyone got any tips for storing their spare batteries, to avoid getting the contacts dirty or shorting, etc.? I've got several boxes for AA/AAA batteries, but can't any on the web for my main batteries (D-LI109), and these don't fit into the AA boxes. I currently keep them wrapped in a bit of bubble wrap, but that's just a bit messy.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Battery Storage at 09/07/2012 - 11:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo