swarf

Joined: 18th October 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

swarf
My club has cancelled all face-to-face events from Monday onwards. However, it is exploring whether we would be able to run virtual digital competitions for the remainder of the season.

Comment by swarf posted on Camera Clubs and Coronavirus at 15/03/2020 - 12:15

swarf
Very impressively done - straight out of 'Alien'!

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Chaoborus Pupa Portrait at 13/03/2020 - 18:11

swarf
Daniel

What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on F1 Winter Testing 2020 at 05/03/2020 - 19:31

swarf
What a lovely set. hard to choose a favourite, but probably # 4 for me (even with the Halo in the way!).

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Forza Ferrari! at 01/03/2020 - 19:19

swarf
Definitely keep at it. Of the first group, it's only the last one that doesn't work for me. The other three all have something, but I agree with others in that #2 is the stand out. Of the second group, it's the two pier shots that work best for me. It's because they both have a good level of contrast and things to focus on, whereas in the first of that group I find my eye just wanders around trying to find the key point of interest.

If you have it, I would definitely recommend using SilverEfex Pro to do your conversion. IMHO it's a far better option than either Photoshop or Lightroom.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on An epiphany at 20/02/2020 - 09:51

swarf
bforbes wrote:
Nice One!
+ 1

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Numbers... at 13/02/2020 - 22:09

swarf
1) I tape the photo to the back of the mount card, using what is sometimes called a 'hinge mount'. That is, I use a couple of small pieces of tape, about 5 cm each, to attach the photo to the top of the mount.

2) I then put a backing card over the whole photo that is typically 2-3 cm larger than the photo on each side, and then tape that all the way around to the back of the mount.

I always use a Ph Neutral (i.e. acid free) self adhesive tape.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Framing a photo with mount- at 10/02/2020 - 14:10

swarf
For APS-C (for me) it's the Pentax DA 18-135. It's WR, pretty good image quality (well good enough anyway!), very well built, pretty quick focussing and relatively light weight. It perhaps loses out a bit for reach at the long end, but I could live with that.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on One lens does all at 01/02/2020 - 10:20

swarf
2nd one is great portrait of one. We get them in the garden, and Green ones, but difficult to get decent shots of them because of their nervousness (and the cats don't help either!)

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Woody Woodpecker at 24/01/2020 - 11:37

swarf
Nice - a very effective treatment makes for a great image.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on 99953 at 15/01/2020 - 11:03

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo