swarf

Joined: 18th October 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

swarf
Lubbyman wrote:
I like it! Atmospheric, subtle, artistic ... and different.

Steve
+ 2
I think they call it "Bracing"!

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Snowstorm at 14/01/2021 - 09:27

swarf
davidwozhere wrote:
Great find Kris. Thank you for sharing it.
+ 1

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Moldovan photo archive rescued at 12/01/2021 - 09:30

swarf
I've had a Canon PIXMA iP8750 Photo printer for few years and never had a problem with it even when spending several weeks between use. I only use original inks, not cheaper 'Compatibles', which are a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion. The print quality is very good for both colour and B&W and it's relatively inexpensive - less than £250 for an A3+ printer.

It's worth putting on your list as an option to consider.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on 'starter' printer recommendations at 05/10/2020 - 10:10

swarf
Original colour for me. A 'project' based on this sounds like an interesting idea.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on What do you think? at 31/08/2020 - 18:11

swarf
I'm strangely attracted to #5 - perhaps it's the heat!

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Some "marmite" processing amongst some IR at 12/08/2020 - 19:05

swarf
Some bees (not sure what variety - anyone know?) enjoying a drink from the bowl of water that we leave out for Hedgehogs. It's also popular with the local Wasps!

1) - Solitary Bee

Comment Image


2) - Sharing

Comment Image


3) - Solitary Wasp

Comment Image


Taken with K-5iis and Tamron 70-200 F2.8 at 130mm (except Solitary Wasp at 200mm) on a Manffotto Tripod.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Bees in need of a Drink at 10/08/2020 - 13:51

swarf
No. 3 just edges it for me, from no. 2. The second one wins it on tones, but the third on structure. However, all three are very nice monochromes.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Past our prime at 11/06/2020 - 23:16

swarf
Yep - another very fine set. I love No. 2.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Venice in Monochrome - Part 3 at 11/06/2020 - 12:13

swarf
Another lovely set, and I look forward to part 3. Nos. 1, 3, 4, 6 & 7 are my personal picks of this group, with nos. 3 & 6 capturing the feel of 'back street' Venice.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Venice in Monochrome - Part 2 at 06/06/2020 - 15:13

swarf
What a great set, they really capture something of the essence of Venice. I particularly like Nos. 1, 4, 5, 8 & 9, but the whole set just hang together really well.

Phil

Comment by swarf posted on Venice in Monochrome - Part 1 at 05/06/2020 - 11:35

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo