One a Month 2019

Nigelk

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 14:06
davidtrout set the ball rolling, thought I'd tag along. I will admit that a lot of these shots or similar have been posted here on PU but, hey! My 2019 in 12 shots.

January, Borovets, Bulgaria. After a nasty crash and quite a severe concussion I was banned from the piste so, I had time to wander with my camera.
White Out

February, Club model shoot.

March, Nothing as relaxing as watching sunshine playing through the ripples of a clear mountain river.
River Ara, Aragon, Spain.

April, displaying some of my work at a local plant and craft fair in a beautiful garden. I walked around with camera and...
Silver Birch Hollow

May, a trip to Hunstanton, taken from the cliff.
Down on the Beach

June, we had an amazing time in Australia. I keep finding myself drawn back to my really minimalist scapes.
Green and Blue

July, Club trip to Skomer for the Puffins and more. This is us on the ferry back to the mainland with Skomer behind us. Samyang Fisheye
#I Love Puffins!

August, saw...
Wind in the Willow

September
The Light Came Dancing In

October, a trip to Lincoln.
Head Down Up Steep Hill

November, Out in our local town, Bury St Edmunds, after dark!
Three Watched on Silently

December, home alone after the mayhem that is the festive period. Out with my camera, of course.
Flow River Flow

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 21:02
An excellent select Nigel - Your abstracts are particularly appealing, great vision, composition and use of colour - very inspiring
LennyBloke

swarf

Link Posted 05/01/2020 - 21:55
Love your abstract/minimalist shots - June and August stand out for me.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

davidtrout

Link Posted 06/01/2020 - 00:07
Terrific set of images with great variety. June and September are really beautiful and the set as a whole has much appeal.
David.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

davidwozhere

Link Posted 06/01/2020 - 00:19
While the standard shots are excellent, the abstracts really steal the show here - and I love the Australian colours in June.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

alfpics

Link Posted 06/01/2020 - 09:34
I too love your minimalist shots - espec June and August. But the puffin one: what an opportunist shot!
Andy

Nigelk

Link Posted 06/01/2020 - 21:30
Thank you all for your generous comments. I'm delighted I'm not on my own with the minimal and abstract ones, reassuring that others find something in them.
Andy, more a case of an opportunist two shots that came together to sum up a lovely 3 days on the island

alfpics

Link Posted 06/01/2020 - 22:42
Nigelk wrote:
Thank you all for your generous comments. I'm delighted I'm not on my own with the minimal and abstract ones, reassuring that others find something in them.
Andy, more a case of an opportunist two shots that came together to sum up a lovely 3 days on the island

Ah the secret is out!
Andy

Sry

Link Posted 06/01/2020 - 22:49
I seem to have missed most of these, Nigel (or perhaps you hadn't posted them all in the course of the past year). The abstract and minimalist images are quite compelling. The cliff shot is particularly intriguing until you figure it out, and then it just stays beautifully strange. Great stuff!

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 07/01/2020 - 09:42
Great set Nigel... particularly like the abstracts... I also find November rather moving... very imaginative juxtaposition... May took me ages to work out, but very rewarding when I did... really clever shot that... and I absolutely love March... originally thought it might be a drone shot... the scale could be anything from yards to millimetres... beautiful work...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 07/01/2020 - 14:29
Echo the above comments on the abstracts. The puffin photo bomb made me chuckle
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Benz3ne

Link Posted 07/01/2020 - 14:52
To echo the comments earlier, the abstracts and minimalism is very easy on the eye. They have an almost 'painted' quality to them.
I definitely need to visit Skomer - it's not all that far up the road (and across the water) from me.

Nigelk

Link Posted 09/01/2020 - 11:45
Thank you for having a look and giving me such lovely feedback. I'm pleased some of the images are new to you. Good to get a chuckle Gareth, bloom'in Puffin barging in!
Benz3ne if you can, worth spending a night or two on the island so you can enjoy the early and evening light with the day trippers gone. Not that it ever felt crowded, lovely place to visit even for a day trip. My guess, need to get there early in the Puffin season, the queues for the day tickets was already quite long when we turned up for our ferry.
Bill, taking images from the grave yard. As I was shooting away I started to notice the grave stones where all facing the firework display, then my imagination started to take over and I realised I had to work them in as a juxtaposition to the entertainment for us living.
Last Edited by Nigelk on 09/01/2020 - 11:46

pschlute

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 10:16
Wow, another very varied set. I like the abstracts but the steep hill wins for me.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.