F1 Winter Testing 2020
Posted 05/03/2020 - 19:27
Link
No.3 is a gem, good work
Posted 05/03/2020 - 19:31
Link
Daniel
What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.
Phil
What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 05/03/2020 - 19:37
Link
swarf wrote:
Daniel
What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.
Phil
Thank you Phil Daniel
What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.
Phil
This is an image it took me years to take. I was trying for some time to do one of those shots from the grandstands. But then you get stuff in the way (fences, boxes.....) and promissed to myself that this would be the year I'll try to take a good one. I think it's been taken at 1/25th of a second and focus is on the right spot (driver) as I have some others nice but with the driver helmet covered by mechanics.
About #9 yes this light there at around 17.30h (5.30pm) or so is superb. I will share some image from last year taken at some other spot and the light was harder but also nicer. Yet I know by doing some 24h races that the light there at the chicane is normally very nice. And this is one kind of an image you can only take in Europe shooting F1 at the winter testing as they drive until hours they usually don't do.
Posted 05/03/2020 - 19:37
Link
danofmk wrote:
No.3 is a gem, good work
Thank you very much, glad you like it!
No.3 is a gem, good work
Posted 05/03/2020 - 19:48
Link
swarf wrote:
Daniel
What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.
Phil
Hi Phil, you know what? I better leave here that image (I have a set of them) I was telling you about from last year, Daniel
What a lovely set. I love # 2, almost abstract but yet captures the pace of the testing sessions at the same time. #9 is also a beauty.
Phil

_IMG9687 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
Best wishes,
Posted 06/03/2020 - 10:44
Link
No 2 is absolutely brilliant.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Posted 06/03/2020 - 18:27
Link
Love all these Redfive, especially No. 2 like other have said It's nice to see F1 in the softer evening light rather than the usual harsh mid day/afternoon sun when the GP's normal take place.
My Images
K1 II|K3|DA10-17|DA*16-50|FA31|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500
K1 II|K3|DA10-17|DA*16-50|FA31|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500
Posted 06/03/2020 - 19:09
Link
walkeja wrote:
No 2 is absolutely brilliant.
Thank you
No 2 is absolutely brilliant.
Posted 06/03/2020 - 19:10
Link
Crossed-up wrote:
Love all these Redfive, especially No. 2 like other have said It's nice to see F1 in the softer evening light rather than the usual harsh mid day/afternoon sun when the GP's normal take place.
Thank you very much! Love all these Redfive, especially No. 2 like other have said It's nice to see F1 in the softer evening light rather than the usual harsh mid day/afternoon sun when the GP's normal take place.
Yes it is indeed! Its so rare and that light brings so much differences...... just the regular harsh midday light doesn't offer us that chance. This is why I love shooting endurance racing
Posted 06/03/2020 - 19:41
Link
That is a great first picture but i would go for a tighter crop to emphasise the concentration.
Thanks for posting
Thanks for posting
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 06/03/2020 - 19:57
Link
pschlute wrote:
That is a great first picture but i would go for a tighter crop to emphasise the concentration.
Thanks for posting
Thank you Peter, i have more picture of that driver but I wanted to keep some distance that time to get a different perspective.That is a great first picture but i would go for a tighter crop to emphasise the concentration.
Thanks for posting
Let me drop you here an example

_IMG9949 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
Best wishes!
Posted 07/03/2020 - 16:22
Link
No.9
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 25/03/2020 - 20:51
Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
No.9
Glad you like it Mark!No.9
Yeah Winter Testing brings the chance to get cars at golden hour racing, or at least on track. It's not usual you get to see them driving that late usually.
So there are a few spots in Barcelona where to get nice light at that time
Here endurance races experience from the pasts years at this same track made me have the knowledge about where to find the light.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


34 posts
12 years
Barcelona
I'm a Pentaxian from Barcelona and usually post at the Spanish forum but wanted also to share with you some images I took during the 2nd week of F1 Winter Testing at our home race this past month.
I was lucky enough to have a media pass.
I hope you like them,
_IMG0012 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG0042 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG0809 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG0946 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG7591 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG7632 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG7676 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG7721 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG8598 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG9353 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG9740 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG0099 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG0384 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_MG_3506 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
_IMG7411 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr
Best wishes,