spinno

Joined: 3rd October 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

spinno
Simple answer for me is I don't know...well actually I do. The last DSLR I bought from new was a Samsung GX20 (having previously owned ist DL, K100D and K10D)and I haven't been in a position to consider buying a new DSLR since (4 years ago). I've been mainly playing with old stuff...M42 lenses and screw mount cameras and then I found that I could put the old lenses on the GX20 and still get some reasonable (you notice I didn't say good pictures) and then dame fortune smiled on me and presented me with a little windfall totally out of the blue.
I decided that obviously a new camera or several was required so rather foolishly I started looking at Canon as I had acquired an Eos 300 film camera and was impressed by it...however after reading reviews and doing a bit of handling I decide no I'd stick with Pentax..so first off I have now acquired a K-01 (the trial shots have been impressive as I've installed 1.04 firmware) and today I've taken the plunge and gone for the K3.
Mad I must be but I am so used to Pentax that anything else (other than point and shoot) wouldn't do..so I suppose my answer is that old habits die hard

Comment by spinno posted on Why do we stay with Pentax? at 28/10/2013 - 14:51

spinno
Thanks Darren

Comment by spinno posted on AF200FG flashgun at 26/10/2013 - 16:56

spinno
PM sent

Comment by spinno posted on AF200FG flashgun at 23/10/2013 - 14:31

spinno
Hi welcome to a fellow Nottinghamian

Comment by spinno posted on Hi from North Nottingham at 03/06/2013 - 12:22

spinno
tyronet2000 wrote:
The SFXn was my first proper camera bought brand new from Jessops with Sigma 28-50 and 50-210mm lenses. I only wish now I learned how to use it. Sold on ebay Have loads of holiday snaps (slides) which I must sort out some day
I had the same combination which I believe was actually 28-70 and 70-210 lenses.
I couldn't wait to use it so I am walking through the streets of Nottingham taking bits and bobs out of cellophane and cardboard boxes. Assembled it and pressed the shutter and...all I could hear was a whirring noise and no pictures I took it straight back to Jessies and the kind man showed me that I hadn't connected the lens properly...
Great camera but was the heaviest pentax film camera I have ever used

Comment by spinno posted on Pentax SFX at 23/05/2013 - 20:47

spinno
MZ-M would be my choice. PASM all available (with the right lenses) what's not to like?

Comment by spinno posted on Best Film body to get. at 20/01/2013 - 18:00

spinno
cabstar wrote:
Asda neg and scan to cd for around £2.99 was very happy with the scans too
seconded.
Poundland now do Agfa 200 Vista...some stores had 24 exp rolls and some 36 exp atone timebut I think they all do 36 exp now
(my current stash is now 56 rolls of the stuff!!!!)

Comment by spinno posted on Film Recommendations at 26/11/2012 - 16:19

spinno
davidstorm wrote:
I personally cannot understand why anyone would want a 110 camera. The image quality of 110 was useless and with so many decent compact digitals around (see Galoot's post about Pentax Optio i10 for £34.95), what is the point? Why is it more fun?

Regards
David
can anybody point me in the direction of the post by Galoot...have tried searching but can't find it

Comment by spinno posted on Pentax auto 110 at 02/09/2012 - 20:11

spinno
SamHornabrook wrote:
May I make a recomendation, I have been shooting exclusively film for about 3 months and I have used many colour films and I have observed that the best colour film to use for all situations is for me, agfaphoto vista 100,200 and 400. They have very good versatility and are very well saturated but in a really nice soft way, and have very low grain at all asa's (100, 200 and 400)
and for a pound at poundland you can buy a roll of 200 vista 36 exposure

Comment by spinno posted on best colour film at 08/07/2012 - 20:39

spinno
How many shutter actuations on that boy? Has it ever seen a roll of film?
Would it be useful for street photography....

Comment by spinno posted on Pentax LX at 26/06/2012 - 16:08

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo