serendipity

Joined: 9th November 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

serendipity
Roscoe wrote:
serendipity wrote:
Use Firefox, you can then check as you type



Mick
Tried Firefox, thought it was rubbish!
And can I ask how long you tried it for? Or when did you try it? It kicks the backside of IE in every department IMHO!

Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Spell checker at 14/01/2009 - 09:13

serendipity
Use Firefox, you can then check as you type



Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Spell checker at 12/01/2009 - 21:38

serendipity
I bought the outlaws one for Christmas, 7" screen and very easy to operate.
You also get a free 2G SD card with it, so fill the card and plug and play
From here https://www.picstop.co.uk/Digital-Photo-Frame/Kodak-EASYSHARE-P720-Digital-Pictu...%22-


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Digital Photo Frames at 31/12/2008 - 10:47

serendipity
You are right Gwyn, it does make sense But for those of us that came from the old paper licence, that lasted a lifetime, to the new photo card type, it was/isn't made clear about the expiry date!
Official DVLA figures reveal that while 16,136 expired this summer, so far only 11,566 drivers have renewed, leaving 4,570 outstanding. That is a lot of potentially unlicensed drivers on our roads

Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Driving licences at 16/12/2008 - 10:18

serendipity
I have just been reading about the new style photo licence, and it was stated that they need renewing every ten years. Now I (and probably lots of other folk) was under the impression that it lasted until I was seventy years old (except for the HGV/LGV entitlement), well it doesn't! You need to look at '4b' on the front of the photo licence, for the expiry date. Also it costs £17.50 to renew, and if allowed to lapse you COULD be liable to a £1000 fine. So those with a photo licence, it might be worth checking it


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Driving licences at 15/12/2008 - 21:23

serendipity
Thanks for pointing that out Martin, doh! I 'll remove it asap


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Fortnightly competition #4 - Comments at 09/12/2008 - 19:44

serendipity
Hefty, I have the same wooden bike
I might enter it from a different angle



Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Fortnightly competition #4 - Comments at 05/12/2008 - 11:54

serendipity
A bit of spice?

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee318/mickconvoy/IMGP5576bw.jpg[/IMG]

Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Street photography for everyone at 21/11/2008 - 11:27

serendipity
This caught my eye, the male has a look, and the female is totally oblivious

[IMG]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee318/mickconvoy/IMGP5577c.jpg[/IMG]


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Street photography for everyone at 21/11/2008 - 11:26

serendipity
mushmagic wrote:
hi serendipity, may seem a silly question but how can you bounce the flash without moving the camera? should I have mentioned its the on board flash?!

many thanks,
mushmagic
You will have to fix, (temporary) or hold the piece of plastic (if this is what you use) at a angle in front of the built in flash. Then click away
You will have to experiment with different opacities and different angles, until you get your desired effect. Try it with a sheet of A4 paper ( two,three,or four thickness, depending on desired opacity and amount of bounce required)) then fold them in half or thirds for varying results Hope this makes sense


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Using flash on K100D super at 18/11/2008 - 16:01

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo