All Forum Comments
Comment by serendipity posted on New member at 19/01/2008 - 11:48
Thanks for your welcomes and advice After a little more homework/head scratching I decided to get a mono pod. I went for a Giottos MM9570 Professional with tilt head, it seems a excellent sturdy piece of equipment. I went the mono pod route due to the terrain I would be in, plus the speed of erection . A tripod is on the things to get list, and maybe I should save up for a good quality one.
Thanks
Serendipity (Mick)
Thanks
Serendipity (Mick)
Comment by serendipity posted on New member at 17/01/2008 - 12:22
Hello folks, just a quick intro and a happy New Year to you all. I have been lurking for a couple of months, in anticipation. I received a K100D Super for my birthday (1.1.0 with the kit lens, 18-55mm, plus I have purchased the Samsung 50-200mm for more bird close ups. Looking forward to learning more about DSLRs, as I have come from p+s digital. First impressions of the K100 are good, the picture quality (even in my clumsy hands) is so much clearer and sharper .
One thing I do need urgently is a tripod, and not being a city stockbroker I am looking for something strong (my old tripod is not up to the weight of the Pentax) but reasonably priced, ie between £50/£80, if such a beast exists?
I have been looking at the Slik (sp?) range, which seem good value?
Anyhow, enough for now, I will no doubt harass you with newbie questions in time!
Just to let you know, I am male with just over 50 years behind me, and live in Southern Scotland ;o)
Regards
Serendipity
One thing I do need urgently is a tripod, and not being a city stockbroker I am looking for something strong (my old tripod is not up to the weight of the Pentax) but reasonably priced, ie between £50/£80, if such a beast exists?
I have been looking at the Slik (sp?) range, which seem good value?
Anyhow, enough for now, I will no doubt harass you with newbie questions in time!
Just to let you know, I am male with just over 50 years behind me, and live in Southern Scotland ;o)
Regards
Serendipity
Comment by serendipity posted on New member at 04/01/2008 - 12:48
I am under the impression that a court order is needed to allow deleting of photos, I would certainly push it to the wire if approached by anyone. These part time wannabes and security guards have no powers (other than in their own small minds) to confiscate your belongings or detain you, unless you have committed a crime in their jurisdiction, which if you are taking pics in a public place, you haven't! Best practice is to pre empt and ring the police yourself, and report the person (whoever) as menacing and threatening you. And click away whilst doing it!
Serendipity (Mick)
Serendipity (Mick)
Comment by serendipity posted on Public Photography ban? at 22/04/2008 - 13:21


Roll on some half decent weather!
Mick