serendipity

Joined: 9th November 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

serendipity
Same here, the local show is on (Bentpath) but it is pishing it doon, squelch, squelch The farmers around here are now refusing to talk about the weather, period! Just loaded the wife's car in preparation of taking our daughter back to university, you've guessed it, pis...............


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Weekly Competition #61 Bridge(s) at 06/09/2008 - 12:05

serendipity
Light is the secret! Try it in 'AV' mode, start at say f8 (any f number will do, but f8 is a good starting point) and stop down the 'shutter speed' one stop (slower), to what the camera sets. Or you could adjust the 'AE' (auto exposure) up a third, or even try a higher 'ISO', try 200 instead of 100. Someone with more experience will explain better

HTH


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Image dark at 06/09/2008 - 11:59

serendipity
I blame the weather, (for everything) I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting cabin fever. It's not just the cameras that need some good light What's a good remedy for trench foot?



Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Weekly Competition #61 Bridge(s) at 06/09/2008 - 10:26

serendipity
Tough call Don I suppose the ideal scenario would be shooting your Pentax for Penthouse



Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Pentax vs Penthouse at 06/09/2008 - 10:18

serendipity
It looks like it was taken from the municipal camp-site at Coldstream?





Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Weekly Competition #61 Bridge(s) at 05/09/2008 - 22:49

serendipity
There's one on here http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?RecId=CANCA244&pt=f about half way down the page.


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on "Bridging Camera" at 02/09/2008 - 19:55

serendipity
I got mine from SRS, see if they can order you one? I've never used Tantronics, if you are desperate try them, are they in the UK?


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Ansmann P-100 Battery Grip at 02/09/2008 - 19:51

serendipity
I bought one at the end of July (0, charged it up, and it's still going strong I don't know how many photos I have taken with it, but it's lasting a lot,lot longer than rechargeable AA's. It also better for portrait shots, only downside is there's no shutter release button on it.
Conclusion: as a alternative power source it is brilliant.
Just checked my photos, and I have taken over 800 so far, some with flash, and it's still showing full


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on Ansmann P-100 Battery Grip at 02/09/2008 - 18:45

serendipity
I used to have a Fuji 5700 (now the 5800), it was a cracking camera, good macro too. You can pick them up new for about £100.


Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on "Bridging Camera" at 02/09/2008 - 16:48

serendipity
Note to self, take chewing gum out before blowing in camera...........



Mick

Comment by serendipity posted on cleaning the pentax k10d focusing screen at 01/09/2008 - 22:59

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo