Roscoe

Joined: 21st November 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Roscoe
DaveHolmes wrote:
A 'Prog-A' might come up for around the same price as an ME-Super... Better camera... Fugly-butters in comparrison to the ME but uses the 'A' setting...
I'd look out for a Super A, because the shutter speed is better, and you also have a choice of Aperture or Shutter priority!

Wish I had kept mine and not traded in my Program A and Super A for my MZ7.
Which packed up on me at Uluru.

Comment by Roscoe posted on Buying an Old Manual Focus SLR at 06/04/2013 - 09:16

Roscoe
I took a sunset shot in Rovies Greece,(see my portfolio) but have never experienced the problems that you mention.
I always keep the UV filter on my lenses,as it's so very much cheaper to replace a scratched filter than a lens!

Comment by Roscoe posted on What has caused this effect? at 05/04/2013 - 16:49

Roscoe
davidstorm wrote:
I don't use the Penjtax eyepiece as it doesn't fit the K-5. I've made one out of cardboard covered with black electrical tape and it works perfectly.

Light will enter the eyepiece if you're doing long exposure shots so it is important that you keep it covered.

Regards
DAvid
Hi David,
It can be a pain to fit, because the rubber eyepiece needs to be removed first of all to gain access to the mounting slots, but unless the eyepiece of the K5 is different to the K10D,and the K20D,it should fit!
I have 2 covers as I had one with my MZ7, and one with my K20D.
Kindest regards,

Peter.

Comment by Roscoe posted on Eye piece blanking at 31/03/2013 - 16:53

Roscoe
Does anyone use the Pentax Eyepiece cover when using a tripod?

Does extra light enter the camera and change the metering,or was this on 35mm cameras only

Comment by Roscoe posted on Eye piece blanking at 29/03/2013 - 12:29

Roscoe
gartmore wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Does anyone use an off camera flash set up with their digital camera?

I used to use the AF280T with the AF400T Hot shoe grip and mounting bracket.

As the Pin contacts are not compatible with the digital cameras, who uses an off camera flash and what set up is needed if using the newer Pentax flash guns?
i use the AF400t all the time with digital cameras what is theroblem you are having, the pins are all in the right place except you don't have the one for the digital protocol
Ken as I have said I want to use a new Pentax flash gun, I already have an AF280T with the AF400T bracket and Hotshoe grip an connecting cable, I looking for a similar set up using a Pentax Digital flash gun possibly with a connecting cable or going wireless!

Comment by Roscoe posted on Off camera flash at 19/03/2013 - 13:24

Roscoe
Does anyone use an off camera flash set up with their digital camera?

I used to use the AF280T with the AF400T Hot shoe grip and mounting bracket.

As the Pin contacts are not compatible with the digital cameras, who uses an off camera flash and what set up is needed if using the newer Pentax flash guns?

Comment by Roscoe posted on Off camera flash at 17/03/2013 - 17:49

Roscoe
gartmore wrote:
AuraTodd wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Feel sorry for the staff, but not the chain, never found them very helpful, and always banging on about Canon or Nikon cameras.
never prepared to price match, any products, and therefore bought Pentax elsewhere!
That was the problem, they wouldn't price match so customers went elsewhere where they could get a better deal and service.
that is quite simply untrue, they would always price match other High st retailers.
Obviously you never went to Essex mate as the fact as stated is true!
Can't speak for you Scottish members, have to comment as I have found!

Comment by Roscoe posted on Jessops in trouble? at 12/01/2013 - 16:23

Roscoe
Feel sorry for the staff, but not the chain, never found them very helpful, and always banging on about Canon or Nikon cameras.
never prepared to price match, any products, and therefore bought Pentax elsewhere!

Comment by Roscoe posted on Jessops in trouble? at 11/01/2013 - 18:22

Roscoe
Let's all wait until John gets a chance to try out this lens, then I'm sure he'll give us his unbiased opinion.

I eagerly await his test results

Comment by Roscoe posted on The new DA 18-270mm lens at 12/12/2012 - 17:38

Roscoe
I shall await your test report John

Comment by Roscoe posted on The new DA 18-270mm lens at 07/12/2012 - 12:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo