Roscoe

Joined: 21st November 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Roscoe
So who has this lens, and how good is it.

It's heavier than the 18-135mm , but is it as good?

I would love to have the 18-135mm as my (always on lens), but are there any reviews on the 18-270mm lens?

Comment by Roscoe posted on The new DA 18-270mm lens at 27/11/2012 - 09:13

Roscoe
HCSD cards, cheapest place I've found is The 7 day shop!

All items are free of Vat(they are in the channel islands), and post free.

Comment by Roscoe posted on Recommended suppliers of equipment at 06/10/2012 - 17:59

Roscoe
Gwyn wrote:
We've just bought a new car. Gulp.


Wagon=Estate Car,3 cylinder? I don't think so, having worked for FoMoCo for almost 37 years, Ford has never produced a 3 cylinder engine to my knowledge, and at only 1 ltr, any wagon/estate car would be very under powered, even a 1.3 would be under powered on a Focus platform!

Brand spanking new, not the young secondhand one we were thinking of getting. It was cheaper to buy a new one than the identical 1 year old car.
I just hope we've done the right thing. Lots of money involved in such a purchase.

A Ford Focus wagon with a 1 litre, 3 cylinder engine.
We get it on Friday hopefully. Depends on the tow bar being in stock for it.

Comment by Roscoe posted on Another pointless thread at 06/10/2012 - 17:54

Roscoe
R.I.P Tony.

Very sad news, but he is in a better place

Comment by Roscoe posted on Very sad news at 18/09/2012 - 13:39

Roscoe
thoramay wrote:
Hi. I have checked out both of these cameras. Great reviews but they are not compacts.
This camera is for my beloved. Herself has become impatient with my failure to meet her expectations and have visited Jessops. The assistant has informed her that the latest compacts do not suffer from the problem of viewing in bright sunshine.
Herself is now exploring Pentax compacts.
Who am I to challenge a Jessops assistant.
So! Which Pentax compact do |I steer her towards
Second Hand S50!

Comment by Roscoe posted on compact with a decent viewfinder at 12/09/2012 - 20:38

Roscoe
coker wrote:
Have a look in 7dayshop, Patrick.
I've had one for my K7 for some time & all seems well with it.

Roger.
Yes same hear!

Kindest regards.
Peter

Comment by Roscoe posted on Buying a spare battery at 13/05/2012 - 13:45

Roscoe
davem wrote:
Are LCD screens protectors a good idea or are the newest screens so well made that they do not need protecting?

If they are useful which are the best and where can you get them at a reasonable price?

Dave
I have always used the clear skin type protectors on my cameras.

It's common sense really Dave, as it's easy to replace a scratched skin, it's also cheap.

It's a very expensive repair to replace a scratched LCD screen!

Comment by Roscoe posted on LCD screen protectors at 30/04/2012 - 13:44

Roscoe
As for me, I read John Riley's review,and if John likes this lens, that's good enough for me.

Many magazines are biased anyway and think only of losing their advertising revenue!

Kindest regards,

Peter.

K20D DA18-55mmII DA 55-300mm

Comment by Roscoe posted on 18-135 has been slaughtered by Photozone at 04/01/2012 - 13:34

Roscoe
bforbes wrote:
greynolds999 wrote:
I'm back today, leaving my other half with the very sad task of taking our ageing Labrador to the vet for the last time. He's gone rapidly downhill in the last couple of weeks and is struggling to stand. I'm not a dog person but tears will be shed.
gartmore wrote:
A tree has just fallen on my car.
It does not look like this year is of to a good start.
I'm sorry to hear this Barrie, but if the poor old dog can't stand and is suffering, it is a kindness to the dog to have it put down.

It is a very hard thing to do, and yes there will inevitably be tears, I know mate, I have been there.
Chin up Barrie, and I hope your New Year gets better.

Kindest regards,
Peter

Comment by Roscoe posted on Another pointless thread at 03/01/2012 - 17:14

Roscoe
The AF280T is a superb flash gun,and I used mine with the cord and the off camera flash(AF400T)
The swivel head feature is excellent, as is the bounce feature.

If you're going to get the best from this flash, you'll need the two diffusers, for wide angle and zoom shots.

Pity it's not any good for my K20D.

Comment by Roscoe posted on af280t at 03/01/2012 - 16:58

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo