PeterKR

Joined: 29th September 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PeterKR
Bill Ward on BBC TV today.

Did anyone else spot Bill Ward on Doctors today.
He was demonstrating a differerent creative talent - this time at a potters wheel !

Well done Bill
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Another pointless thread at 06/09/2023 - 16:11

PeterKR
One more thought - to quote an old saying;-
"The best camera is the one you have with you !"

Very often that happens to be your phone !

All part of life's rich pattern
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Mobile Phone Cameras... at 06/09/2023 - 10:01

PeterKR
HarisF1 wrote:
Some brilliant responses here
Here here.

But has anyone tried to get a decent Moon shot on a mobile phone ?

NUF said !
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Mobile Phone Cameras... at 01/09/2023 - 17:00

PeterKR
Whatever you did this afternoon, it seems to have cured the problem ?
Good luck
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Slow Failed Photo Upload at 25/07/2023 - 17:12

PeterKR
If you would like a less expensive option there is a Sigma alternative that I got after reading Nigel McGregor's excellent guide.

I have the Sigma EF-610 DG Super for Pentax.

It appears to have all the features of the Pentax Flashes including High Speed Synch.

I've not checked whether it is still available but it's worth looking ?

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on High speed synch flash at 23/07/2023 - 20:22

PeterKR
My DFA 100 2.8 Macro WR was suffering with a sticky aperture return.
Prompted by a lead elsewhere on this Forum I contacted 1st Aid Repairs and got an online quote.
I sent them the lens and got it back yesterday.
They were very efficient and helpful - emailing me when they received the lens and returning by next day courier.
Eager to try the lens I took a few shots in the garden yesterday.
I've posted one of rosebuds on the Gallery but here is one of a Winter Pansy that has been in flower since last October.
Comment Image


I also viewed the image as 'actual pixels' and was amazed by what I saw so here is a centre crop from that level
Comment Image


Are these little clear sacs the result of them having shed the pollen ?

NB these are camera jpg shots taken hand held and using AF.

All c & c welcome

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Repaired DFA 100 2.8 Macro at 10/06/2023 - 15:20

PeterKR
loadoftripe wrote:
Wow - awesome! not a bad start for the first image!!
+1
That's it - I give up - I'll never beat that !
Great work
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Learning new tricks... at 26/03/2023 - 19:18

PeterKR
Lubbyman wrote:
Hey, I've got that lens too. Hardly ever use it though. Perhaps I should - that's a rather good photo!

Steve
I also picked one up cheaply this year - it came on a MZ50 that I bought for my grandson who said he wanted a FILM camera !
I'd not used it so prompted by your great shot Geoff (Moore) I got it out today and put it on my K70.
It had rained here all night and all morning so when the sun broke through after lunch I grabbed a few shots of our Magnolia bush before the buds get eaten by the 'tree rats' !
I found I had to wind the EV down to -5 to help reduce blown highlights so here is one taken at 80mm using Tav 1/500 @ f/5.6 and ISO200
PeterComment Image

Comment by PeterKR posted on 1994 Kit Lens - £5 (£2.50 was shipping) at 18/03/2023 - 17:11

PeterKR
Daronl wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
I'm interested to know the opinions of those of you who have owned both these lenses, particularly from the point of view of using as a "walkaround" or general use lens with a K1. Do you fell that the 24-70 is significantly better optically? How does the 28-105 perform wide open? Any other aspects that make one or the other a much better choice?

Thanks in advance
Daronl wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
I'm interested to know the opinions of those of you who have owned both these lenses, particularly from the point of view of using as a "walkaround" or general use lens with a K1. Do you fell that the 24-70 is significantly better optically? How does the 28-105 perform wide open? Any other aspects that make one or the other a much better choice?

Thanks in advance
The 28-105 is a nice lens and in the optimum aperture range stands up against the 24-70 but the 24-70 is optically superb through the aperture range, Wide open it is superb and with a F2.8 is bright and clean.

In low light particularly indoors the 28-105 can be challenged optically and to use; I did a large event shoot over two days and found the 24-70 to be easy bright and pretty faultless.

But the difference in price doesn’t indicate a similar difference in IQ.

Without being unnecessarily pretentious;
In a nutshell the 28-105 is a very good lens but the 24-70 is a very good pro-lens that never seems to struggle and a joy to use
I'll second all that.
Last year I bought the 28-105 to go with my K1ii and took it on holiday.
I was so disappointed with the results that I thought there was something wrong with the camera and took it back to SRS. They sent it for a check up and it was given a clean bill of health so my problems must have been due to 1) my bad settings or 2) the lens.
Some of the shots were fine but it struggled in poor light and in close focus situations.
Earlier this year I got the 24-70 in the SRS Spring sale and took it on holiday this year.
The results from THIS lens were amazing and a quantum leap above those from the 28-105.
Against that it's a heavy beast so I find that for 'carry around I stick with my K70 + DA18-135 !

Hope this helps ?
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Opinion of D FA 28-105 v D FA 24-70 at 05/11/2022 - 22:09

PeterKR
davidwozhere wrote:
So many on here remain completely silent. It would be great to have another view on life and another set of opinions. Welcome to the K1 set.
+1 and welcome aboard.

Don't be shy in asking questions - I found this Forum when I was first looking to buy a DSLR and found the advice impeccable which convinced me to get a K-r (my first Pentax). Shortly after that a member here pointed me to a link to get a new Pentax lens on offer on Amazon and that started my LBA !
I later PX'd the K-r for a K70 and several lenses later I bought a K1ii.
Meanwhile I've had LOTS of advice from other members here so, as I said, don't be shy there's a fount of friendly knowledge out there !
Good luck and happy shooting.
Best regards
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Greets from NC, USA at 05/11/2022 - 21:59

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo