PeterKR

Joined: 29th September 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PeterKR
UPDATE !

I just checked on ebay & the easiest way to find the controller is to paste the following description into the search box !

Remote Controller f Pentax K100D 110D 200D 30D 20D 10D

NOTE: This version specifically states K10D !

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on K10D - Remote Control.... at 22/12/2011 - 21:01

PeterKR
I bought a remote for my K-r from ebay, £1.99 delivered, from Hong Kong !

It came quite quickly and DOES work (on my K-r).

NOTE: The K-r manual says you MUST pre-focus, i.e. press shutter half way to set auto focus, before pressing the remote control button

Following this procedure - no problems - perhaps the same applies with the K10D ?

The controller says it is for all Pentax so you might like to try one ?

The link is :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250817914682&ssPageName...

If that link doesn't work just go to ebay and look for tinxi-global:-
eBay My World: tinxi-global ( 47691)

Good luck
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on K10D - Remote Control.... at 22/12/2011 - 20:51

PeterKR
gartmore wrote:
Scrooge is alive and well!

I've just done a very small job for a new and extremely wealthy client; I'm hoping for more work.

By wealthy I mean I have seen the Bugatti Veyron, a new Rolls Royce, two Range Rovers and a Mercedes G-Wagon; the fifteen year old got a car for her birthday.

Royal Mail damaged a print I had sent and I asked them to return it so that I could claim compensation from RM.

They've asked me to refund the £1.58 postage.
"They've asked me to refund the £1.58 postage"
That's WHY they are very wealthy !

They're not from Aberdeen by any chance, are they !

Good luck, Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Another pointless thread at 21/12/2011 - 20:08

PeterKR
Dotandcom wrote:
On checking again, I see that it is available for download until 22.59 GMT on Sunday 18 December. It has interesting and useful information and tips, whether or not you're into wildlife photography.

All the best,

Chris
Many thanks for the notification - I've just downloaded it OK.

I'll study it carefully over Christmas so I can then test out my new half-price DA55-300 from Amazon that Pentax User forum alerted me to earlier in the week ! Mine also came in 2 days on Free Super Saver !

Thanks again, Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Free wildlife photography e-book at 18/12/2011 - 17:25

PeterKR
I am also new to DSLR but have used compact digitals for some years.
I spent several months studying all the reviews of 'entry level' DSLR's (and ones costing a little bit more) and came to the overriding conclusion that NOTHING touches the K-r for the image quality/price level.
Whilst the Nikon 3100 is a contender, for me the USP of the Pentax was it's in-built image stabilisation which means you don't need expensive (and heavier) IS lenses.
I got the twin lens kit from PC World (I never normally shop there but on this occasion I knew what I wanted so didn't need any useless 'help') for around £450.
Keep studying this Forum - I saved myself £130 this week by posting a question about lenses and got a tip-off about a one-day half price deal on Amazon.
Good hunting - but again I'm biased having gone for the K-r. I was also pleased to see that shortly after I bought it PC Pro mag also came to the same conclusion !

Comment by PeterKR posted on Making your mind up at 15/12/2011 - 17:04

PeterKR
PeterKR wrote:
Many thanks to you all for the advice and especially to TimothyW for pointing out the Amazon offer !
Just ordered one, as DelBoy said "He who hesitates, Rodney !"
It arrived today ! Not bad for Amazon's Super Saver free delivery !

What is more, the price is now back to £270.64 !!!

I'm sure glad I posted my question when I did and that I acted quickly on TimothyW's link.

This time I'll quote DelBoy correctly...."He who DARES, Rodney !"

By the way, it IS the full DA kit with lens hood and carry bag - a whole lot of lens for £130 ! Now I've got to write my Christmas cards before I'm allowed to try it out !

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tamron or Sigma 70-300mm at 14/12/2011 - 16:43

PeterKR
Many thanks to you all for the advice and especially to TimothyW for pointing out the Amazon offer !
Just ordered one, as DelBoy said "He who hesitates, Rodney !"

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tamron or Sigma 70-300mm at 12/12/2011 - 15:29

PeterKR
timothyw wrote:
Just to make you aware, the DA 55-300 just became a lot more affordable:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentax-smc-55-300mm-4-0-5-8-Lens/dp/B0012QCYNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323686829&sr=8-1
WOW !
That really does change things somewhat !
I read the reviews on Amazon but there are still some mixed comments about sharpness at long zoom ?
Any comments on this ?::

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tamron or Sigma 70-300mm at 12/12/2011 - 11:01

PeterKR
Many thanks to you all for your rapid responses.
I had been coming to the conclusion that the most 'cost effective' solution is indeed to stick with the DAL 50-200 kit lens for now and explore its performance when I 'digitally zoom' when cropping on the PC.
However, I will also keep my eyes open for any Tamrons going S/H but hold back till I'm a bit more experienced.

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tamron or Sigma 70-300mm at 12/12/2011 - 09:07

PeterKR
I am new to DSLR and have a Pentax K-r with 18-55 and 50-200mm kit lenses.
I want to take long distance shots, e.g. birds & wildlife, and am tempted to get a 70-300mm lens. The Tamron 70-300 Macro is the cheapest and has had reasonably good reviews. The cheaper Sigma version has had mixed reviews and the Sigma APO version costs around £60 more but has had better reviews.
The question is - is it sensible to go for the Tamron or just stick with the Pentax SMC 50-200 kit lens for now ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tamron or Sigma 70-300mm at 11/12/2011 - 23:28

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo