PeterKR

Joined: 29th September 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PeterKR
This afternoon I took a walk with my K50 with DA18-135 kit lens.
At one point I noticed a red kite had settled in a tree quite close by so I wound the lens to 135mm ready to capture a shot.
Before I could grab the shot the kite took flight so I tried to follow it before it disappearded behind other trees.
I just did a half press autofocus and then grabbed a quick shot, not expecting to get much of a result.
However, what I found when I got home amazed me.
Here it the full frame (reduced in quality for posting) and a crop which did not need reducing.
Camera set on Tav 1/250 at f/5.6.
RAW image processed in PaintShop Pro 2022

Comment Image


Comment Image


Below these are 2 similar shots of magnolia buds which I shot before starting out:-

Comment Image


Comment Image


All c & c welcome

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on In praise of the DA18-135 at 10/02/2022 - 20:22

PeterKR
womble wrote:
PeterKR wrote:
How about this one - I found it OK.

[link=RS-60E3 Remote Shutter Release for Canon EOS 760D 750D 650D 700D 1100D 1200D 761856227026 | eBay]link[/link]

Good luck
Peter
Works perfectly, thank you.
That's a relief !
Glad to be of service and hope you enjoy using it.
All the best
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on WTB Ricoh electronic cable release at 04/02/2022 - 20:05

PeterKR
If you go to tidesforfishing you can select ANY month, give it a try :-

link

Good luck
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tide Tables at 27/01/2022 - 11:02

PeterKR
The previous shot was the middle of the three bracketted shots.
Today I experimented with the HDR Merge facility in PaintshopPro 2022 and here is the result :-

Comment Image


All C&C welcome

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Thursday night's Moon at 20/01/2022 - 11:51

PeterKR
Many thanks, Chris.
I've leant a lot from other members in this short experience and that is one of the things that's great about this forum.
Thanks again
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Thursday night's Moon at 20/01/2022 - 10:34

PeterKR
I had another try tonight with the K70 and 55-30PLM.
I set to bracketted 3 shot shooting and used manual focus.
Hand held again but leaning against the house wall to steady myself.
Conditions were still not the best (urban environment and slightly haxy sky) but the rsults are much better - what do you think ?

Comment Image


dng image sharpened up (and heavily cropped) in PaintshopPro 2022.

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Thursday night's Moon at 19/01/2022 - 23:10

PeterKR
Many thanks, Chris.

Is it also worth trying bracketted shooting ?
(I don't think it will be tonight as it is distinctly foggy here today and the sky looks very cloudy !)

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Thursday night's Moon at 18/01/2022 - 16:43

PeterKR
Chrism8 wrote:
This is one from me, shot 3 years ago 1/200 sec - F5.6 - 100 ISO - handheld - K1 - 150 to 450 @ 450 plus a decent crop.

Comment Image
You've got me going now Chris !
I have a Ki11 and a 150-450 so I'll have to have a try with that kit.

My shot from last night was primarily an experiment in exposure (which I felt was OK.
The conditions were far from perfect :- Urban environment, low angle, moist (misty) atmosphere, hand held (but leaning back against the house wall), K50 and old lens.
But apart from that I was happy that the exposure looked OK !

Thanks for all the tips.

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Thursday night's Moon at 18/01/2022 - 15:36

PeterKR
That's certainly a good capture.

I've never had much luck in the past as my shots always seemed over exposed.
Reading this thread it seems I needed to stop down much more and under expose ?
I therefore had a 'play' tonight with an FA 80-320 on my K50.
I put the K50 to Manual and MF and used 1/125 @ f/11 and ISO200 and the lens at infinity.
Here is the result:-
Comment Image


It's not the sharpest of images but despite the comments made about not photographing a full moon this does appear to have some detail ?

Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Thursday night's Moon at 17/01/2022 - 20:53

PeterKR
Totally organic and vegan !

Great work and very artistic patterns on that last shot.

Best regards
Peter

Comment by PeterKR posted on Tree trunks and bare branches at 17/01/2022 - 08:51

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo