PeteL

Joined: 12th May 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PeteL
K10D wrote:
Bit of an issue topic for me I suppose, with only me to blame for hollow expectations. At the end of the day, I did buy into Nikon for the FF features so I should not really try to make a case against Pentax.

I'm happy with the K7, if I move my K10D on; I'll buy a second K7. Believe it or not, I'll still keep my istD. Just bought an istD from an honorable member here which is a gift for some one else.

The truth is that my 35mm glass, as you say is fine on cropped.

Got carried away with the thread, rather than engage logic and grey matter..


All inputs appreciated.

Best regards.
I understand completely how you feel! I had sleepless nights over the issue! I came within an inch of jumping ship and buying a 5D mk 2 and 3 lenses. It was only the appearance of the K7 that stopped me from doing so. I really love this little Camera but i still want a Pentax Full Frame! I began saving for one when the K20D was announced as a Mid Range Camera, So i thought a top of the range one would not be too long in coming! By this April i had over £6000 saved and more than 50,000 clicks on my weary old K10D but there were only delays of any announcement from Pentax. The K7 was launched as a mid range Camera too so my hopes are still high!( And i am still saving up!)
The 645D looks as though it would not be very much more bulky than a large DSLR but i could not afford to replicate the same range of lenses that i have for a 35mm equivalent size Camera.

Regards - Pete

Comment by PeteL posted on Pentax 645D Release Date at 22/09/2009 - 18:55

PeteL
Congratulations! All very worthy shots.

Regards -Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Four go into the PPG at 22/09/2009 - 18:31

PeteL
I still hold out some hope that Pentax will surprise us with a Full Frame LX-D.

Regards - Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Pentax 645D Release Date at 21/09/2009 - 22:38

PeteL
K10D wrote:
I'm more concerned with the statement that Pentax will never produce a FF DSLR!!! All of those lenses wasted...

If that does turn out to be the case it will be a blow.

Regards

What a horrible thought! I cannot believe that there was no possibility that Pentax would ever produce a Full Frame DSLR. If it were true i would be devastated!
The only reason i bought the K7 was that it was a good enough stop-gap until the finally produced a FF camera!!!

Regards - Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Pentax 645D Release Date at 21/09/2009 - 18:09

PeteL
Hi Stefan,

Yes that price is extremely competitive thogh as yet this is not confirmed by Pentax themselves but at least we have a definite date for release.
If it had arrived at that price earlier this year then i would have bought one instead of the K7!

Regards - Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Pentax 645D Release Date at 21/09/2009 - 17:09

PeteL
Hi.
Just Spotted on the British Journal of Photography Website,
Pentax 645D 30mp Camera confirmed release date as being Spring 2010 along with a brand new lens.
The expected price is likely to be £5000-£6000 (Not confirmed by Pentax)
link

Regards - Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Pentax 645D Release Date at 21/09/2009 - 13:52

PeteL
I think what has helped the Sea Fury Shot is the better lighting, (Though i love the framing on this shot too) The others appear to be in shadow but with relatively bright sky behind, Always a difficult situation to expose for. You could have benefited from a couple of stops smaller aperture if the lighting had been better for you. And to be honest it takes a while to get used to panning with such a long lens. Perhaps if you had the opportunity to use it regularly for a whole season you would probably see an improvement in sharpness as you become more attuned to the lens.

Regards - Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Flying Legends Practice Day 10/07/09 at 20/09/2009 - 09:46

PeteL
I have a whole raft of M series lenses bought new in the 1970`s as i found independant lenses did not last very long before dropping to bits on me. My favourites are the 20mm f4 and the 100mm f2.8 also a slightly older 300mm f4 which i bought cheap as the M version had just been released.
My other M lenses are 35mm f2.8, 50mm f1.7, 200mm f4, I still use most of them on my K7, Though since buying a couple of DA* zooms it is mostly the 300 that is used more than any other. Can`t wait for a full frame Pentax so that i can enjoy them in their original focal length.


Regards Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on Old SMC M lenses at 20/09/2009 - 01:00

PeteL
I use the Manfrotto 055PRO with 804RC2 Head and i have bought retractable Spikes for the feet, I did`nt go for the Black PROB as it would only get scratched off and look scruffy so i bought the plain aluminium which was around a tenner less! There is a tool for re tightening the legs but i found the top part became loose and had to have a small hole drilled so that an Allen key could be inserted to re tighten it. But otherwise it is a brilliant Tripod that i take almost everywhere.
Regards - Pete.

Comment by PeteL posted on I'm after a tripod! at 20/09/2009 - 00:36

PeteL
One book that i would recommend is John Hedgcoe`s Photographers handbook. It`s 1970`s vintage but there is still enough that is relevant to Digital Photographers . I only acquired a second hand copy a couple of weeks ago for under a fiver. It was my Bible back in the 70`s and i am enjoying getting re acquainted with this brilliant book.

Regards Pete

Comment by PeteL posted on Book tips for the long winter nights ? at 20/09/2009 - 00:23

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo