Oggy

Joined: 26th December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Oggy
testdasi wrote:
Oggy wrote:
See also Marmite. Some (me included) like them. Others hate them.
So do you use grip? I love Marmite!
Yes I do, but the reason I did not say was that it is not relevant. Personally I like my camera to be big and heavy. That is part of the reason that I stuck with the K20. But these are just my preferences. Yours may differ.

Comment by Oggy posted on To grip or not to grip, that's the question at 29/04/2011 - 11:26

Oggy
I had got into the habit of using them in my film days, and when I got my K30, carried on using them.

Now I find myself removing them with the lens cap.

Comment by Oggy posted on UV Filters at 28/04/2011 - 22:13

Oggy
Micro SD.

Comment by Oggy posted on eBay triumph!!! at 28/04/2011 - 22:10

Oggy
See also Marmite. Some (me included) like them. Others hate them.

Comment by Oggy posted on To grip or not to grip, that's the question at 28/04/2011 - 22:09

Oggy
aliengrove wrote:
There has been the odd occassion where I would have loved an ejector seat...
Methinks the overhead panel would have given you a nasty headache.


Dangermouse wrote:
...I always thought the F-111 escape pod was quite nifty. It's all very well being shot clear of your disintegrating aircraft but not terribly helpful if you end up in the middle of nowhere without food or shelter for a day or two before your mates can come and get you. That's without considering the fact that the locals may not be terribly friendly...
Except for the capsule's habit of sinking.

Comment by Oggy posted on Another pointless thread at 28/04/2011 - 22:02

Oggy
Dangermouse wrote:
...Apparently ejector seat designers get very intense about the bit where Goose smacks his head on the canopy while ejecting. They spent a very long time making sure the ejector seat wouldn't fire unless the canopy was completely clear of the aircraft for just that reason...
Nothing like that on the seat I used to work with (Martin Baker Mk10). Normally the canopy would be shattered by an explosive charge (the black zig-zag line you see on fast jet canopies). If this failed I was told the ejection seats could punch through it (1" polycarbonate IIRC)

Comment by Oggy posted on Another pointless thread at 27/04/2011 - 21:56

Oggy
beginner wrote:
My K20 "froze" tonight....I'm working on it!
Please would you try opening the card cover and see if this clears it.

Comment by Oggy posted on K10D locked up at 27/04/2011 - 21:45

Oggy
My magazine subscription runs out on the 19th May. That gave me various rights including multiple uploads to the gallery, discounts etc. I did not reclaim the balance of my payment. Now apparently I have to pay for rights I have already paid for.

I do not for one moment begrudge paying a few quid toward the forum, but---

Bit of a horlicks really.

Comment by Oggy posted on Pentax User Plus member at 26/04/2011 - 22:35

Oggy
Did you have a good time TT? Dublin is one of my favourite cities.

Comment by Oggy posted on Another pointless thread at 26/04/2011 - 11:16

Oggy
I used to see them when I laive in Bury St Edmunds. Haven't seen them elsewhere.

Comment by Oggy posted on Crashing into our window..... at 26/04/2011 - 11:14

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo