Oggy

Joined: 26th December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Oggy
Sorry

Comment by Oggy posted on OFF Topic.......Topic at 25/01/2009 - 19:56

Oggy
The duck after Schroedinger had finished with it -

Comment Image

Comment by Oggy posted on OFF Topic.......Topic at 25/01/2009 - 19:41

Oggy
Quick format does not check the disc, so I would not use it especially the first time. "Enable compression" will mean you can get more on the disc, but it will take longer to read or write. Unless you are going to be tight on space, I'd leave this unticked as well.

Comment by Oggy posted on External Hard Drive recommendations? at 23/01/2009 - 19:56

Oggy
If you order on the net, there is a box for delivery notes. I told them myscreen name there and got the free delivery.

Comment by Oggy posted on SRS Microsystems free P & P at 23/01/2009 - 18:12

Oggy
Had a thought provoking moment at work today.

One of the people I work with was coming up to his thirtieth a year or so ago. He and his wife had careers, a house etc., but they decided to bin it all and go travelling. Obviously he could not take a serious camera with him, but whatever he took, was usually capable of taking a reasonable snap. He brought back hundreds of immages from the killing fields to the gimmicks of America, and has downloaded them to his desktop. There was one today which was nothing more than a series of defocussed orange blotches on a black background. Turns out this was them and others heading out into the desert for an absolutely fabulous party, and every time I mention it, he very quietly glows.

Is this a good photo or not?

Comment by Oggy posted on Why take a photogaph? at 21/01/2009 - 23:12

Oggy
Thanks Martin - good idea.

Comment by Oggy posted on Does anyone know where I stand? at 21/01/2009 - 22:50

Oggy
I have now waited a week for the promised letter after my third attempt to sort the problem, and guess what.

Not a happy bear.

Would one of the Mods/Admin PM me to let me know whether they are happy for me to name the company concerned?

Malo1961 wrote:
Oggy wrote:
I have reservations about naming them on two grounds-

1/. It could put this fine Forum in an awkward position.

2/. The matter has not been resolved yet.
about #1:
I don't think you have to worry about that. There are more companies who have had bad critiques on this forum. And none of those threads were considered awkward for the forum. Your opinion on this of course shows: You are a real Gentleman.

About #2:
See last sentence mentioned above

Martin.
Aw shucks

Comment by Oggy posted on Does anyone know where I stand? at 21/01/2009 - 22:26

Oggy
beachboy2 wrote:
I bought a Flipside 300. It was one of the few bags that would accommodate the K20D and mounted Bigma.
bb2
Thanks for the "heads up"BB2 - useful info.

Comment by Oggy posted on Lowepro Fastpack 350 - brilliant! - Bargain!! at 21/01/2009 - 21:36

Oggy
Clicky

May nearly be here.

Comment by Oggy posted on Why so long?? at 21/01/2009 - 12:53

Oggy
I only ducked twice.

Ouch

Comment by Oggy posted on OFF Topic.......Topic at 20/01/2009 - 12:45

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo