nathanever82

Joined: 24th November 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

nathanever82
as I said before, on my 8 GB INOV8, class 6, SDHC card, I can only record up to 30/40 seconds of video, and then it starts buffering, and shuts the video down.

On my Sandisk extreme III 4GB card, I can record all the 4GB, or until the card is full, without interrupting the recording.

Why does this happen in your opinion?

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Class 6 SDHC cards, at 02/01/2010 - 21:24

nathanever82
Hey stefan,

I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here. sorry, but I am really not on the same page

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Class 6 SDHC cards, at 02/01/2010 - 18:06

nathanever82
with a sandisk extreme III you can shoot video as long as the card fills up. with other cards, (cant remember what class, but clearly lower, even if 8gb) i can only record 30-40 seconds of video.

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Class 6 SDHC cards, at 01/01/2010 - 23:48

nathanever82
BTW, Luka, your ppg is amazing!

really great photos there. I remember when I first saw "Pipe Smoker" and stared at the photo for a good half hour, in complete and total admiration.

good stuff.

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Why on the PPG... at 24/12/2009 - 14:46

nathanever82
model release is a matter of personal use though. A photographer that shoots a model, should always have release forms to publish their own work.

I can't recall the need for release forms in street photography, it would make the whole photographic process pointless. And if the photographs are taken in public space, then it really shouldn't be a problem.

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Why on the PPG... at 24/12/2009 - 14:42

nathanever82
there aren't more photographs of PEOPLE?

I spent the day in London taking photos of people, I didn't even get harrassed by an annoying policeman. Why is street photography so uncommon nowadays?

(Hilarious that outside of the British museum you can't see a camera, and as soon as you step in the gates, you see hundreds of professional Dslr's..)

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Why on the PPG... at 23/12/2009 - 22:16

nathanever82
Im from Florence, but i'm not often there.
I have many photographer friends... let me know if you want to meet somebody.

Cheers

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Any photographers out there from Italy at 23/12/2009 - 17:03

nathanever82
really don't like it uh? (but being nice as usual and not saying it openly!!!)

No worries. My street photography endavours shall continue with no hesitation!

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Photographers & Stripes at 21/12/2009 - 19:47

nathanever82
I have noticed something else with a non Sandisk Exrememe III card.

I have various 4 and 8 gb cards that are not Extreme III. When I tried to shoot videos with these, they would only record 30 seconds or so, and I couldn't understand why. I noticed though that the 'loading' light would turn on, like it was recording on the card. After about 30 seconds the movie would stop, take quite a long time to load, and the allow me to restart. (Being a big card it showed 9 or more minutes of available recording space.

At first I thought that it was the camera overheating, but this should only happen after a few minutes of live view use.

I then used a 2gb and 4gb Extreme III card, and the video would go on with no problems as long as the card indicated, 4/8 minutes.

Moral of the story: if you want to shoot videos longer than 30 seconds, you might want to use an SD card that buffers fast, and is able to write data instantly, rather than not.

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Sandisk Extreme III 8GB SD Card and Pentax K7 at 21/12/2009 - 19:04

nathanever82
lol how's this?
(yes added the camera, but consider that if you didn't know the story, it wouldn't look too weird... - Also done curves, and selective colour)

[IMG]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u332/nathanever82/Photographers-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by nathanever82 posted on Photographers & Stripes at 21/12/2009 - 18:50

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo