Why on the PPG...

nathanever82

Link Posted 23/12/2009 - 22:16
there aren't more photographs of PEOPLE?

I spent the day in London taking photos of people, I didn't even get harrassed by an annoying policeman. Why is street photography so uncommon nowadays?

(Hilarious that outside of the British museum you can't see a camera, and as soon as you step in the gates, you see hundreds of professional Dslr's..)
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG

CoDa

Link Posted 23/12/2009 - 22:24
Possibly to much bad publicity, about various instances of photographers being stopped etc.

Colin
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

MrCynical

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 00:29
The issue (at least in the US) of personality rights maybe? An identifiable image of a person being used on what is essentially an advert for Pentax would presumably cause their counsel some (justified or otherwise) concerns.

flat4

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 06:28
I think it's just a matter of PPG population's taste? I personally do a lot of voting and there are very few street shots in there, compared to 1x for example.

That reminds me! I am having trouble posting PPG link in my signature line. Any ideas? Thanks

Cheers, Luka
Link to my PPG

johnriley

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 08:21
My Settings>Profile Information
Best regards, John

flat4

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 13:21
Well I got that far. It ends where I stick my PPG generated code in my profile and nothing is showing.
Regards, Luka
Link to my PPG

Prieni

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 14:10
There is a rights issue in Germany as well, would need to have a model release to post. And there is no way for PPG testing that (nor will they probably know about German laws).

Luka, just put the link in. I did it this way: PPG
So the source code reads (link=http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ralfprien)PPG(/link)
Only that the round brackets () are replaced by square ones []

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

flat4

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 14:20
Thank you Ralf. I really am not that literate where it comes to these codes
Link to my PPG

nathanever82

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 14:42
model release is a matter of personal use though. A photographer that shoots a model, should always have release forms to publish their own work.

I can't recall the need for release forms in street photography, it would make the whole photographic process pointless. And if the photographs are taken in public space, then it really shouldn't be a problem.

nathanever82

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 14:46
BTW, Luka, your ppg is amazing!

really great photos there. I remember when I first saw "Pipe Smoker" and stared at the photo for a good half hour, in complete and total admiration.

good stuff.

flat4

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 18:04
Oh thank you Nathan! The "Pipe Smoker" is actually my father.

By the way, your work is very admirable
Link to my PPG
Last Edited by flat4 on 24/12/2009 - 18:23

thoughton

Link Posted 24/12/2009 - 22:01
I think it's because taking stunning photographs of people is much harder than stunning photos of inanimate objects. Or that's how it works for me anyway

Luka your PPG gallery is amazing! I had to go look for the pipe smoker after Nathan mentioned it, it is a really incredible shot! You've also got more acceptances than anyone I know of - except Prieni - nice one!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!

flat4

Link Posted 25/12/2009 - 07:54
Thanks Tim! Where did you come by that 10 cylinder aircraft engine? I wish to see it someday in person...
Link to my PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.