michaelblue

Joined: 22nd October 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

michaelblue
That last one is great, just shows how good the little Q is, I used mine almost every day for 3 years in Tanzania and it's still as good as new !

Oh, and that 06 lens is a cracker!

Comment by michaelblue posted on Stroll in the Snow at 28/01/2021 - 20:22

michaelblue
Mike-P wrote:
Best cheap DSLRs .... LINK

K-1 (II) is on there at the end, gets a decent write up IMO and they don't even mention the crappy AF tracking or the rubbish buffer. Great landscape camera though
I wouldn't call £1,500 {Sony} cheap

Comment by michaelblue posted on AP Mag - Voting for their 2021Retailer & Camera Awards :( at 29/12/2020 - 14:53

michaelblue
Benz3ne wrote:
johnha wrote:
I'd agree fingers are fine, you may need clips & hooks to hang the film for drying (I have photo ones but anything suitable should work). You may also need a cartridge opener and or leader extractor (I prefer to leave the leader out and load the film back through the slot in the cartridge for 35mm). Funnels to pour the chemicals back into the bottle - not those from the kitchen...

Oh, and the obligatory 'dummy' roll to practice your loading technique, time, patience and swearing.
Agreed - clips would be handy, I'd have thought they're inexpensive enough anyway.
Good idea about leaving the leader out and loading through there. Same for a cartridge opener!
Oh my yes, I would hate to have any cross-contamination. As I work in the chemical industry I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't adhere to GLP.
I worked in a processing lab and learnt some tips: Bottle openers will open the film cartridge. Leaving the leader out and pulling the film back out can cause scratches if some grit has got trapped so it's always better to open the cassette.

Comment by michaelblue posted on Film processing on a budget. at 24/12/2020 - 15:09

michaelblue
bladerunneruk wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts on k3 vs kp ergonomics folks, always useful to hear from ppl who have actually used one.

Interesting point about the pairing with bigger heavier lenses, sounds like the KP is attached to the lens rather than the other way around ?!!

I have used a DA60-250 quite a bit with the K5 and the 50-135 is 2nd most commonly used lens presently. Any thoughts on KP with those ? With/without battery grip.
I've not used either of these with the KP but regularly use the DA* 300 on the KP (with and without the grip) without any problem, they match quite well.

Comment by michaelblue posted on Pentax K-3 Mark 1 vs Pentax KP ergonomics at 10/12/2020 - 17:29

michaelblue
No. 2 is stunning

Comment by michaelblue posted on A little on the dark side.... at 13/10/2020 - 21:20

michaelblue
Just to add......the Pentax Q has a built in ND filter

Comment by michaelblue posted on Pentax K-3 Mark 1 vs Pentax KP ergonomics at 18/09/2020 - 18:03

michaelblue
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I think they will come to regret having a fixed screen and it will lose them a lot of sales. Like others, it's not a deal-breaker for me, my K-3 doesn't have a tilting screen but my two Fujifilm cameras do and they're incredibly useful, especially for focusing manually.

I'm sure the viewfinder will be very nice, but I doubt it will allow precise focusing of, for example, a fast 85mm manual focus lens. That can be done better on a screen than on an APS-C viewfinder, and allowing the screen to tilt makes it a lot easier.
Assuming you can see the screen.....which is almost impossible when the sun shines

Comment by michaelblue posted on Fixed Screen for new APS-C flagship at 10/09/2020 - 13:04

michaelblue
RobL wrote:
I am not sure this strategy of leaked snippets before launch is a good one, after all we saw the mock-up a year ago now so this long drawn-out series of teasers is getting a bit wearisome and by the time it launches it will probably be an anticlimax. It’s just another DSLR after all, the only reason I can think is to show that there is still life in the brand but the snail-like progress is not comparing favourably with outputs of other brands.
I'd rather have quality than quantity. Look at the amount of cameras from canon with hardly a difference between them ( and only a £30 price difference). I have a nikon camera I use solely for bird photography and although the long lens is great, the camera is a nightmare to use compared to my Pentax. All I want from Pentax is better autofocus tracking, everything else is excellent.

Comment by michaelblue posted on Fixed Screen for new APS-C flagship at 10/09/2020 - 09:57

michaelblue
Apologies for being late (internet problem), the new weekly competition is now up and running https://www.pentaxuser.com/competitions/extreme-weather-939

Good luck everyone

Comment by michaelblue posted on New weekly competition at 12/08/2020 - 09:13

michaelblue
Strange that.
My K5 doesn't like the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 (doesn't focus well) but my KP works fine with it.

Comment by michaelblue posted on Pentax KP and Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 II Macro HSM at 06/07/2020 - 08:43

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo