Mag07

Joined: 8th June 2015

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Mag07
The last one is stunning. Like the abstract of the third to last as well. Now off to try some of me own!

Comment by Mag07 posted on Autumnal Multi Exposures at 19/11/2018 - 11:57

Mag07
Thank you Gentlemen. I have been lurking around but life is a bit of a rollercoaster atm; hopefully, the bumpy ride is coming to an end soon

Comment by Mag07 posted on From a plane.... at 14/11/2018 - 14:03

Mag07
Usually I either sleep through it or come across clouds every step of the way, this time the weather was as good as it gets, all the way to London. Comments welcome as always.

Somewhere in Turkey
Comment Image

More mountians
Comment Image

Wind farm off the coast of England
Comment Image

Moody London
Comment Image

City views as we went twice around it since we were too early for our slot
Comment Image

Comment by Mag07 posted on From a plane.... at 13/11/2018 - 17:43

Mag07
8 years in the UK and never heard of them; I blame SRS Microsystems Went in once, and never go anywhere else if buying in Europe. On a side note, we've been dead for over two decades if I heard correctly - relax and enjoy your gear; the funeral invitations haven't gone out yet.

Comment by Mag07 posted on Pentax - The end? at 02/09/2018 - 14:24

Mag07
Given this was a school project, I find it to be a massive over reaction on the photographer's part that said, the school should have known better and the ruling is hardly surprising as law is law. No one ever complained about kids cutting out images out of newspapers for their school projects... my old school has a now digitized archive of a lot of it's student work on various historical subjects over the years. One can only hope, the photographers won't come chasing it down for sharing the memories online People seem to love extremes. All my personal, non client related work is shared via an album archive page on my website for use under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. I find it almost amusing, how some people will chase down every penny in royalties, while happily snapping away at someone elses work (art, architecture, possessions etc) without giving licensing a single thought. Were do we draw the line? We already have large restrictions on photography in certain countries - by pushing our own copyright so aggressively we are advocating for restrictions being imposed on ourselves - at this rate, we won't be able to photograph much without consent and fees very soon.

Comment by Mag07 posted on ECJ copyright ruling at 11/08/2018 - 18:08

Mag07
As the moon will get darker over the course of the almost two hours of the eclipse, keepin your iso and shutter constant and adapting to the changing light by manipulating the aperture alone seems to work well - so starting from a higher setting and opening it up as the light intensity changes. I personally never shoot the moon lower then 0.125s - that is not based on calculations but examining my own photos at different shutter speeds (mostly shot at or around 300mm). With the eclipse and the rather dim light conditions - it may very well be more beneficial to lower the shutter to keep the noise in check despite that but can't really say for sure. If you google a bit, some people seem to go below that value and seem to get good images as well. As for aperture, I seem to get most detail when shooting at f11 or even above - if I stack, then it seems to matter less. At the end of the day, think your settings need to factor in your equipment capability and optimum performance and atmospheric conditions in addition to the light changes of the eclipse so a bit hard to determine beforehand. What works for one person might completely not work for another due to weather and other factors. I did go to the trouble of pre-programming all the available user setting slots with different setups for quick access; hoping one will work well as a starting point and save the valuable time fiddling around when it's time to shoot.

Comment by Mag07 posted on Lunar Eclipse camera settings at 27/07/2018 - 14:13

Mag07
Fantastic, moody shots. Particularly the last one. Cracking

Comment by Mag07 posted on Giant's Causeway at 19/07/2018 - 10:49

Mag07
I had no issues with sensitivity, from what I have read Loupedeck has sensitivity settings. So while offering dials instead of slider, it should not really be a problem. If you do end up buying one, do share your thoughts!

Comment by Mag07 posted on Loupedeck - anyone tried one? at 27/06/2018 - 07:44

Mag07
Did you copy the files to your computer or are they still on your sd card? Can you view them in camera? If you copied and deleted from sd, as long as you did not overwrite you should be able to recover using software (Recuva programme with deeps scan option is free). If they are still on the card, tried wirelessly transferring them to your phone? Also, https://download.cnet.com/JPEGsnoop/3000-12511_4-10920311.html is a good program that tries to recover jpg data. Make sure you click on Download Now button, not other big ones to avoid spam software

Comment by Mag07 posted on Pentax K70 - jpg file Wedding photos will not display at 26/06/2018 - 09:15

Mag07
I haven't tried Loupedeck but I have tried Lr with a customized midi controller and as skeptical as I was initially it very quickly grows on you. The speed gain for basic adjustments is unbelievable. Once you train your muscle memory you do not want to go back to using a mouse. I would imagine this will be a similar experience. Just bear in mind, just like with a tablet, there is a learning curve. If you are not patient by nature things can get frustrating.

Comment by Mag07 posted on Loupedeck - anyone tried one? at 22/06/2018 - 22:13

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo