Keith Grant

Joined: 18th November 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Keith Grant
I love the sand patterns, Dan. Makes me want to get on our own beaches this week!

And the final image's coloring gives it a warm, inviting atmosphere to it. Perhaps only improved by some additional element of interest, a person on the bench, or even an observing bird? (But we can only shoot what's there, I guess!)

Glad to see your posts again!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on Norfolk Holiday - Sand Patterns and Architecture at 12/04/2009 - 01:28

Keith Grant
RR, wow - what a difference! Certainly a grittier, less peaceful, perspective on Oxford!

Cheers!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on Follow up weekly comp.#82: Bicycles at 07/02/2009 - 18:13

Keith Grant
Martin, thank you for the tutorial The greater range of tones makes it a much stronger image, as you suggested. When the kids allow , I'll try my hand with Elements to see how much of this effect I can duplicate.

Many thanks!

Keith

Comment by Keith Grant posted on Follow up weekly comp.#82: Bicycles at 07/02/2009 - 14:11

Keith Grant
Well done, indeed, Simon! Your landscape style is so appropriate to your locale, a place which you obviously love!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on 1st portfolio published in magazine at 28/01/2009 - 13:48

Keith Grant
Thanks Ken and impotentspider,

I'll check out the sensor later, as suggested. But why doesn't the mark show when I use another lens?

K

Comment by Keith Grant posted on scratch? at 08/12/2008 - 20:54

Keith Grant
Recently, the lighter images I have been taking with my kit 18-55 lens all have this mark:
Comment Image


I've checked with other lenses, and it's definitely not the sensor or mirror (this time!), and I have cleaned and cleaned and see nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on scratch? at 08/12/2008 - 19:45

Keith Grant
A nice set! The fence post abstract for me - everything nice and crisp!

Cheers!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on A cold day at 08/12/2008 - 15:14

Keith Grant
The last one for me, too. Partly because of the effect you've achieved with blur/exposure, but also because your expression is less self-conscious than the previous ones. Really interesting idea!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on Self-Portrait at 29/10/2008 - 13:23

Keith Grant
womble wrote:
greyhoundman wrote:
Love #1. And I sure wish I could handhold a macro like that.
You have to learn to do without oxygen...
And take LOTS of shots, most of which end up in the trash can, especially on a breezy day!

Comment by Keith Grant posted on autumn macros at 23/10/2008 - 03:48

Keith Grant
Hi Father Ted,

Looks like an enjoyable walk, plenty to take in!

I see exactly why you took the first photo: the intersection of the trails, the inviting pathway, the verdant greens, and the dappled light. Lovely.

The light also poses a bit of a problem, though: the very bright area at the top of the photo (which could be cropped out without any loss to the image) and the slightly blown highlighted area near the bottom of the image (by lowering the contrast I was able to rescue that area slightly - you could probably do better than I did with a little more time and effort). Always such a hard balance to not blow the highlights from dappled light, but at the same time not have too many darkened areas.

That being said, very inviting and pleasing!

Cheers,

Comment by Keith Grant posted on A walk in the woods at 18/10/2008 - 00:10

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo