Norfolk Holiday - Sand Patterns and Architecture
Posted 07/04/2009 - 12:05
Link
Fantastic sand pattern shots, really nice. The first two I cannot fault, but the third would really benefit from a crop along the top edge.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 07/04/2009 - 12:14
Link
paulyrichard wrote:
Fantastic sand pattern shots, really nice. The first two I cannot fault, but the third would really benefit from a crop along the top edge.
Thanks for that. A crop didn't occur to me, because I really like the open space at the top, and the subtle tones there.Fantastic sand pattern shots, really nice. The first two I cannot fault, but the third would really benefit from a crop along the top edge.
The first one reminds me of feathers.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 07/04/2009 - 13:35
Link
It is the space at the top that makes it for me, very enjoyable pictures altogether.
Ken
Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 07/04/2009 - 13:40
Link
gartmore wrote:
It is the space at the top that makes it for me, very enjoyable pictures altogether.
Ken
Agreed
It is the space at the top that makes it for me, very enjoyable pictures altogether.
Ken
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 12/04/2009 - 01:28
Link
I love the sand patterns, Dan. Makes me want to get on our own beaches this week!
And the final image's coloring gives it a warm, inviting atmosphere to it. Perhaps only improved by some additional element of interest, a person on the bench, or even an observing bird? (But we can only shoot what's there, I guess!)
Glad to see your posts again!
And the final image's coloring gives it a warm, inviting atmosphere to it. Perhaps only improved by some additional element of interest, a person on the bench, or even an observing bird? (But we can only shoot what's there, I guess!)
Glad to see your posts again!
Keith
K100D Super, DA 18-55, M 50 1.4, M 100 4 Macro
"The present is the object of vision, and what I see before me at any given second is a full field of color-patches scattered just so. The configuration will never be repeated." ~ Annie Dillard
K100D Super, DA 18-55, M 50 1.4, M 100 4 Macro
"The present is the object of vision, and what I see before me at any given second is a full field of color-patches scattered just so. The configuration will never be repeated." ~ Annie Dillard
Posted 12/04/2009 - 01:36
Link
I really like the sand patterns too. The first is my favourite.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 12/04/2009 - 19:43
Link
Yes all excellent
Posted 13/04/2009 - 13:11
Link
Thanks all!
As a guide, although I took around 50 of the Grebe shots in the other thread, I only kept 7, and was brutal with the editing down - those 7 are sharp etc etc, the others didn't quite cut it.
Dan
Keith Grant wrote:
I love the sand patterns, Dan. Makes me want to get on our own beaches this week!
I wasn't expecting to spend so much time on the beaches, but we kept being drawn back to them. Just had a quick count-up of sand, shingle, groyne and reflection shots, and there are over 150 that I've kept. These days I only keep a photo if it's sharp, well composed (in my eyes), well exposed... I try to weed out any similar shots that don't cut the mustard, so 150 of one sort of subject in a week is quite high for me, but I found the beaches very inspiring.I love the sand patterns, Dan. Makes me want to get on our own beaches this week!
As a guide, although I took around 50 of the Grebe shots in the other thread, I only kept 7, and was brutal with the editing down - those 7 are sharp etc etc, the others didn't quite cut it.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 13/04/2009 - 20:40
Link
All very nice, but the empty hut on the pier is my favourite. The muted colours are quite gorgeous, and the sense of desolation is almost palpable.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 14/04/2009 - 00:44
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
...the sense of desolation is almost palpable.
Well, it was Cromer off season. ...the sense of desolation is almost palpable.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 14/04/2009 - 22:29
Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
Dan
What you might call a cool place.George Lazarette wrote:
...the sense of desolation is almost palpable.
Well, it was Cromer off season. ...the sense of desolation is almost palpable.
Dan
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3458 posts
20 years
Billericay,
Essex
And being near the Broads, couldn't help but take a few windpumps.
And a visit to Cromer pier on a foggy friday resulted in this:
Wildlife pics on another thread in a minute or two.
If you want to see the full holiday snaps, they're in my facebook albums:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68750&id=1329753713&l=e41751a4e7
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68753&id=1329753713&l=db7cec3bef
Dan