Keith Grant

Joined: 18th November 2007

Photo Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

Recent Photo Comments

Peter, some very poignant symbolism here: devotion, light and dark (so appropriate for good friday), shadows and the cross's comparative strength over its shadow in this image (I think of 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death') ... very evocative. I would think the black and white was quite (perhaps more?) effective. Perhaps the lighter area at the bottom could be cropped, ...

Comment by Keith Grant on 27/07/2008 - 23:22


I'm particularly interested in the realm between reality and imagination - (photography and painting) I think you've been successful at combining the two here. Realism and imagination seem to me like ends of a spectrum that are available to artists in the fields of both photography and painting - I know of realistic painters and impressionist photographers. Again, thanks for the image, and th ...

Comment by Keith Grant on 23/07/2008 - 19:14


I loved this capture when you first posted it, pschlute! The figures are set off so well by the lovely earthy colour of the wall (which they're doing a great job holding up!). The details that add character to the image: the cracks in the wall, the lamp, and the two very different kinds of headgear! Love it.

Comment by Keith Grant on 23/07/2008 - 00:19


A striking image, Robin! I love the oil painting feel to the background, capturing the colors of field, hill and sky just right. The color of the grass/wheat in the foreground is a little startling at first, but not in an unpleasing way, and to see the grains bending horizontally is not typical. Can I ask how much the colours have been tweaked in post-processing? Very nice.

Comment by Keith Grant on 23/07/2008 - 00:17


Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo