All Forum Comments
Comment by kea828 posted on Little off topic but forgot to mention... at 04/03/2024 - 18:33
Someone posted this on the US forum and I thought it'd be more use here. Missing the charger and manual but otherwise intact.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentax-Black-APS-C-Camera-body/dp/B091D149QJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=DKH733323PK2&keywords=pentax&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1691759133&s=warehouse-deals&sprefix=pentax,warehouse-deals,76&sr=8-1
Comment by kea828 posted on Amazon Warehouse K3 III for £1,126.21 at 16/08/2023 - 18:27
Comment by kea828 posted on Wanted: 35mm film at 27/07/2023 - 15:13
If the plastic 'grip' cushions are made of nylon, applying oil to them can cause the plastic to expand, which might then make them seize permanently. I found this out the hard way on a motorbike clutch cable.
A silicon lubricant would be safer.
Comment by kea828 posted on SMC Pentax 500mm f/4.5 at 05/06/2023 - 11:58
I read this week-end that Pentax is working on a new full frame with a twist. It would be "mirrorless", but the pass thru mirror would let light go to a primary sensor with around 45 meg. for highlights, but the reflected light would shine on a secondary 12 meg. sensor which would open up shadows. It would have a dynamic range greater than 20 stops.
https://pentaxrumors.com/2023/04/01/pentax-k-0-camera-rumors-from-poland/
Comment by kea828 posted on What's New? at 05/05/2023 - 21:54
Hey,
Just wondering if there was a way to record the live view screen with all the icons on so the video shows what I see at the back of the camera?
Thanks.
Comment by kea828 posted on Recording live view screen? at 30/10/2022 - 23:31
Comment by kea828 posted on Technical question - just wondering if this was taken with an IR lens? at 08/07/2022 - 19:38
What does ICM mean in this context please?
Comment by kea828 posted on An online talk by Pentax ambassador Bill Ward at 25/06/2022 - 23:15
Comment by kea828 posted on An online talk by Pentax ambassador Bill Ward at 25/06/2022 - 21:33
I thought that the interval between tide times was constant. So if you have a set of times for a given place, you could use that data to extrapolate future dates.
If you just need to know what time to get to that location to set up your camera, then presumably extrapolation would be sufficiently accurate.
The phase of the moon only affects the height. (See this).
Comment by kea828 posted on Tide Tables at 29/01/2022 - 08:43


This happened this week!
I'm now Gareth Williams BA Hons ARPS!
Some may know already as I put it on my socials.
Already paid up for my AWPF as well, that all goes down in November so I have a wait for that one!
Now you only need to order the wider business cards.