john941

Joined: 6th September 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

john941
Great shots and a great lens.

Comment by john941 posted on Red Arrows Landing At Bournemouth. at 05/08/2011 - 19:45

john941
Very nice shot indeed.

Comment by john941 posted on Whitstable Harbour at 02/08/2011 - 09:58

john941
Agree with above great set of shots.

Comment by john941 posted on Respect at 01/08/2011 - 09:35

john941
Brill set well done.

Comment by john941 posted on My afternoon beside the river at 25/07/2011 - 08:50

john941
I stand corrected on the k10 John Thanks. That was 4 camera's back for me I remember now I kept forgetting to switch it on at the best of times.
Cheers john941

Comment by john941 posted on Airshow advise at 21/07/2011 - 13:49

john941
I've just read Tony Shaps article on shooting at a airshow and I can't agree with most of it.
In the first place he recomends setting the shutter speed to 1/4000sec to freeze the propellor, many a good photo has been spoilt by having the props static on a aircraft in flight, anyway how often can you use 1/4000sec in the uk.

He then goes on to say the best view of an aircraft is head on, check out the aviation sites not many are head on. An 18-200mm lens maybe all right on the side of the runway when they are landing, but here on the west coast the air shows are over water and you need a lens longer than 200mm.

Finally after reading many articles on useing SR when panning I think the jury is still out on that one. Myself I don't use sr at air shows
and some of my best shots of aircraft were taken with the K10 which as you know is without SR.

Comment by john941 posted on Airshow advise at 21/07/2011 - 13:29

john941
Really nice set of shots.

Comment by john941 posted on Random shots on Sunday at 18/07/2011 - 23:52

john941
yes I like them, would look well enlaged and framed in one of those large office foyeys.

Comment by john941 posted on Abstract flow at 16/07/2011 - 14:58

john941
I didn't take much notice of the people.
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/PORTER.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/PMsized_WMBARLOW.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/PMsized_TRACTION033.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/AMsized_CLEANINGANDCHATTING.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by john941 posted on Cheshire steam fair at 11/07/2011 - 20:30

john941
I was going there myself the next time so I'm up fo it.

Comment by john941 posted on Cheshire steam fair at 11/07/2011 - 18:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo